View Single Post
Old 11-19-2006, 06:32 AM   #4
VirginiaGirl

Dear Kim, Your reply was right on the nose! I'm sorry you had to deal with that. After my initial diagnosis I was asked if I was ready to meet my maker, it stunned me, though I know there was no malicious intent there. I also know that I'm more inclined lately to over-react to things because my head is not where everyone else's is a lot of the time. So, consider the person's intent, and don't let it get you down! Information is power.

If there's anything that cancer has taught me it is the truth of the expression "God helps those who help themselves." I quickly realized that God would take care of me according to his plan, but he wasn't going to pick up the phone and argue with the insurance company - that part was my job. It is overwhelming the amount of time it takes to research all the info, just reading all the info in these forums can be overwhelming! Thank God, too, there are those of you out there who are able to sort through it and share it with the rest of us! If this disease finally does get me, I want to be able to tell myself and my family that I did do absolutely everything I could, at least the second time around!
Peace
alternative chemo 5/05-7/05, rad 8/05-10/05
7/06 dx mets to vertebrae, pelvis & chest lymph nodes
8/06 - 10/06 tamoxifen, herceptin, oophorectomy & zometa
11/06 PET/CT showed continued bone mets, new spot on liver
12/06 began taxotere/herceptin 1x/3 weeks,
2/07 - 2-08 NED!
3/08 progression, start taxol/herceptin weekly, monthly zometa
8/08 start ai & herceptin
12/08 - progression, start weekly navelbine/herceptin thru 6/09 & monthly zometa
7/09 - PET/CT showed improvement in spine, but 2-3 lymph nodes in chest became active
9/09 - 11/09 - weekly abraxane/herceptin
12/09 - PET/CT - chest lymph nodes resolved, progression in spine & pelvis
2/10 - 6/10 - start tykerb/xeloda, progession in spine & pelvis
7/10 - start taxotere/carboplatin/herceptin

VirginiaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote