View Single Post
Old 11-14-2006, 03:49 PM   #5
Becky

Astrid

I ended up having my ovaries removed because of the estrogen question and "true" menopause vs chemopause. Basically, your estrogen level is not high enough for you to ovulate. If you were younger (lets say in your 20s or 30s), you might still menstrate even though you are not ovulating but since you would naturally start going through menopause soon anyway, you don't. True menopause is when estrogen levels are below 32. On an aromatase inhibitor, they can go all the way down to 1 (although most commercial labs will only report "less than 32"). At 155 (on the edge of being enough to ovulate) you are not in menopause yet so don't let anyone try to switch you to an AI. It is also why you aren't experiencing severe menopause symptoms such as dryness or bladder problems. If you went off Tamoxifen, your period would probably return.

I didn't want to comment on your first result because it was over the top and I didn't have any idea what might be going on. I kind of thought it was a lab fluke and that they miswrote a number.

Kind regards

Becky
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote