View Single Post
Old 11-09-2006, 06:20 PM   #7
Lani

Could you do consulting work helping other cancer patients reconciile their bills/EOB

This is a largely unfilled niche--by now you have some expertise from reviewing your own bills

Not as nice as having a deep pockets employer with insurance and disability coverage and paid holidays and the like, but it might end up being a "growth industry", personally fulfilling, and provide the flexibility you need.

I read an article in the Wall St. Journal not that long ago about people who audit patients doctors bills and argue them with the insurance companies (via correspondence) charging a nice hourly fee.

Let me know if you take this up- Perhaps Cynthia (attorney from Washington
DC area I seem to remember, who has contributed to this site area who was looking for a way to direct her legal talents and energies would be interested as well, writing letters and standing up for the patients)

People with cancer truly shouldn't spend their time and emotional energy
trying to decipher the mounds of paperwork and arguing with their insurance companies. Your work would be truly appreciated and from what I understood from the WSJ article you save the patients much more money than they pay you, so everyone might end up happy except the insurance companies!

Just a thought!
Lani is offline   Reply With Quote