View Single Post
Old 11-05-2006, 06:10 PM   #4
Mary Jo

Hi skoolmom,

If you read my signature you'll see that my dx was almost identical. Are you sure we don't go to the same oncologist? Haha! She feels EXACTLY the same way as your oncologist does. However, I agree with her. Don't get me wrong, there are times I'd LOVE a scan to tell me I'm fine BUT in all honesty, I wouldn't want them either. It would make me nuts. From reading the posts on this site you do see that there are so, so many false positives and so much chasing after nothing. However, at the time you don't know that and the stress has to be absolutely incredible.

So, me.....like you.........is doing fine for now. Until symptoms warrant my oncologist will do nothing. She does do blood work every 4 months when I see her but I'm positive that tumor markers aren't part of that either as I remember asking that at the beginning and they aren't used for early stagers like me. Too unreliable she said.

My oncologist is leaving however...........a new one has been hired from Chicago and I'm hoping he is just like my Doc now. My nurse, says he is awesome and we will get a long wonderfully. So.......................that's my story.

God Bless......

Mary Jo
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06