Thread: help pls
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2006, 12:49 PM   #8
rinaina

I think your doctor is definitely taking the right approach. Her+ breast cancer is an extremely aggressive form of breast cancer and while you have so much going for you being an early stager and negative nodes, the protocol is to hit this hard to hopefully increase your chances of no more recurrences. I just completed my chemo and radiation and am still receiving herceptin through September of next year, 2007. I had 4 treatments of a/c every 3 weeks as you will and took emend, compazine and ativan the first 3 days following treatment including day of treatment and had very little nausea, not even worth mentioning. Everyone reacts differently but I did have some other side effects to the chemo such as fevers and had to have Neulasta injections to keep my white count up. You will definitely feel fatigued and a tiredness you have never felt before so make sure you have support in place to help you out with the kids and please rest rest rest. I have had no problems with Herceptin. Radiaition wasn't bad at all just a bit of a rash across my breast area. Let me know if I can be of any help to you with questions or just to talk. Feel free to email me as well. I wish you an easy time with treatment and remember that a good positive attitude can only help so stay positive, so many beat this. I am doing the same, fighting this and beating it.
AC 4 dense doses
34 radiation treatments including booster doses
receiving herceptin every 3 weeks since late August 2006 for 12 months
rinaina is offline   Reply With Quote