View Single Post
Old 10-26-2006, 07:38 AM   #7
vickie h

Hi Brea, I have been on Herceptin for 2 years, 9 months and still going. I switched to a new Onc because my old one wanted to take me off the Herceptin and put me on Abraxane/ Avastin instead. I researched and found a breast cancer expert in Santa Monica, Ca, and switched to her immediately. I am now On Navelbine and Herceptin and yeasterday went for my first CAT scan /Pet scan since switching in August.. For the first time in almost 3 years, it is the CAt scan to come back completely clean. I am awaiting the PET results. Also my heart has shown very minimal, if any, dmage from the Herceptin. I have a friend who has been on it for 5 years and doing very good. I think it's great that you are seeing someone new. Don't give up, and accept what you may feel in your heart is the right treatment for you. All the research and opinions from well meaning friends are great, but it comes down to you saving your own life and I would run with that. It is what I have done, listened to my body and chosen the path that is right for me. Best of wishes and prayers to you, Vickie H
vickie h is offline   Reply With Quote