View Single Post
Old 10-22-2006, 04:58 PM   #19
TriciaK

This is not a club anyone would wish to join, but it is one of the best in the world for the love, support and information you will need to join us as amazon warriors fighting the battle of our lives. You will find that you will gain strength you never knew you could. At first it all sounds so scary it seems overwhelming, but you take it one bite at a time and you will be surprised how manageable it all can be. I think I am probably the oldest survivor on the board---21 years fighting BC--and I am still going strong after 3 rounds with the beast, the last one 2 years ago being her2. I am NED now after 15 months of herceptin and femara (with navelbine the first 6 months, too). I only found the cancer mets to my lungs 2 years ago because I had a heart attack. My oncologist said I wouldn't have lived 3 months if they hadn't found them, but with herceptin I have had 2 good years + 4 months and still going strong. I had a triple bypass for my heart this May and am doing great at age 76. If I ever need to I can go back on herceptin again or perhaps tykerb. There is greater hope and resources now than there has ever been, and more coming out every year. Ignore the old statistics---this is a new ball game now and it is winnable. My one word of advice is to stay positive. Never say "I have cancer" but "I am fighting cancer". Learn all you can---this board is a goldmine of information. You can come here anytime, day or night, for love, prayers, support and knowledge. We will cry with you, rejoice with you and support you in every way! You can go back into the files and read everyone's past entries. There are some sad ones, but lots of joyful ones too. God bless you and your family, and remember we are all here for you! Hugs, Tricia
TriciaK is offline   Reply With Quote