View Single Post
Old 10-22-2006, 10:10 AM   #16
suzan w

Hi SoccerMom! Welcome! You will find great strength, courage and information here. I, too, was dx'd triple positive, node neg.invasive lobular carcinoma..had bilateral mastectomy 6/05, followed by A/C (adriamycin/cytoxan) and I have just finished (10/4/06) a year of herceptin-3 week intervals. I am taking Arimidex (an AI) for 5 years (4 to go!). Looking back: scariest times-waiting for test results.Chemo sucked-I had lots of side effects-but I did it and am so glad I did! Scans I had: bone scan (at start and end of treatment), CT scan, liver ultrasound, MUGA heart scans every 3 months. I also had the Oncotype DX test done to help me decide on a course of chemo. Herceptin has some lingering side effects but all in all they are very tolerable and have lessened with time. Again, side effects are nothing compared to the benefits of these treatments. I feel very fortunate to have received top-notch care, in an age of cutting edge technology and treatments for breast cancer. Believe it or not, sometimes 5 or 6 hours pass in a day that I don't think about breast cancer!!! It used to be a constant thought/worry. Will be thinking about you tomorrow as you wait for your test results.
suzan w is offline   Reply With Quote