View Single Post
Old 10-21-2006, 03:40 PM   #7
Tom

Smile Welcome

Dear Soccer Mom,

Welcome to our humble home. When I found this site while enduring the panic of my Mom having HER2+ breast cancer, I felt as if I had crawled in out of the cold and fearful night. What a roaring fire and great cup of tea this joint turned out to be. I have made a bunch of wonderful, caring new friends, and been privy to some of the best information on breast cancer anywhere on the Web at the same time.

I can assure you that by the time you have become an "oldtimer" on this message board, you will be the most knowledgeable woman in your neighborhood, and offering advice and emotional counseling to others undergoing the same stresses you are feeling right now. You are in good hands. These women can tell you what to ask when you go to your doctors, and tell you when to give your doctor the heave ho if he or she isn't doing their best for you.

Try to relax and gather your thoughts and strengths. The next thing your doctor might ask you is if you have been going to night school for oncology. Read everything you can about your cancer, check and double check the reliability of your sources, and keep your head screwed on straight at all times. When you are down, come here for renewal. When you have a question, just post it here, and you will have an answer in hours or minutes, rather than days or months.

The members here will be with you every step of the way. The developers of this site are angels from God. They have created what amounts to your own personal "tumor board", available 24 hours a day. You can find anything from chemo strategies to recipes for flaxseed pudding...lol. And making a tasty flaxseed pudding is a whole lot harder than creating a successful treatment plan for your breast cancer. Take care, and hold on for the ride of your life. Most of all, keep your faith in the Almighty, as he lives here too.

Sincerely,
Tom
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote