View Single Post
Old 10-15-2006, 06:36 PM   #9
Moni

Suzan and Kate,thank you SO very much for your answers. I've been copying and pasting them to my sis-in-law with translations. Just one major question - what is MUGA?? And by the way - what is the FISH score I've been reading all over and trying to understand it. It seems that MUGA must be the same like electocardiogram... ??? If any of you could please let me know I would very much appreciate it.
Believe me, I am so torn apart being here and not really being able to help her except for doing research as good as I can. And I feel so bad not being able to go online to do research every day because of work. I've talked to her today and she feels awkward. Of course, something is missing when she looks into the mirror and it does depress her, even though in the beginning when she considered it she never thought about that fact, just get rid of the cancer, no matter what. It's very hard for me to convince her to do more and ask her doctors questions so they don't give her short answers. She told me over the phone that before her surgery one doc came into her room and she heard him discussing with the nurse inflammatory breast cancer and that one could see it even effects the skin. She got scared to death and later told her usual doc about the whole conversation. He told her that they must have mistaken her for another patient that was in the room across.... ARGH! You'd think they would look at the charts first before making comments like that and scaring patients even more.
Finally, she found a Herceptin group of women that discusses everything but she said it's just dragging her down because there is not really support coming from within the group. That's what's so much different in this forum. I absolutely love it, support from all sides, information, and a whole lot more. Thank God for the people that brought this to life!
I'm a bit nervous myself because Tuesday I'm having a breast MRI done due to fibrocystic changes... well, we'll see. The surgeon that was suppose to take a biopsy said he won't suggest doing anything before it's the size of a walnut! Well he had the wrong person in front of him that day, let me tell you. ;-)
Anyhow, thank you all very much for your information. The more info I can get, the better I can help my sis-in-law. Also, I'm trying to understand the healthcare issues. Isn't the insurance, that covered you for the initial diagnosis, suppose to cover you for the costs?

Thank you ladies and God Bless,
Moni
Moni is offline   Reply With Quote