View Single Post
Old 10-13-2006, 05:53 AM   #1
madubois63

I'm leaving on a jet plane...

Actually, it's a small 4 passenger private plane...I am off on my next adventure!! I am leaving Monday morning for Buffalo. Taking an Angel Flight (free) by myself. Got labs and then a dentist appointment to do that day. Staying at Hope Lodge (also free through the American Cancer Society) until I get admitted on Saturday. On Tuesday, I have to get an EKG, chest x-ray, see a social worker, nutritionist and the physical therapist. Wednesday, my sister is coming in for the family meeting. Thursday, is the caregiver meeting. More labs and they are replacing my Hickman catheter on Friday (I am NOT happy about that!!!). I get admitted on Saturday and chemo starts and goes until my sons birthday on the 26th The transplant is scheduled for the 27th. I'm freaking out a little, tears come easy when I look at my kids (ugh - I wish that would stop). My mind is racing about all the things that need to be done before I leave...I have been meaning to write everyone, but I run around all day like a chicken without it's head and then pass out the second I sit down. I had to get my car inspected so it would be ready when I get back and not illegal, I had to bring the dog to the vet for his shots, I replaced ceiling fans (one sparked/went on fire the last time I was in the hospital), I have to shop, cook, clean and pay the bills, cancel deliveries and appointments...ugh!! I'm going to need the hospital stay just for the rest!! I will try and stay in touch. I expect to be in Buffalo about 2 months - ugh!! This is 8 hours away from my home and I don't expect to see my kids, dog or many friends during this time. Please pray for my mom to hold up through all of this. She is taking care of my kids, the house, my dog, my nephews when my sister comes to visit and her own life...Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes!! I could not get through this without all of you!!!
Adriomycin Cytoxin Taxol
Tamoxifen 4 1/2 yrs
Radiation - 32 x
Metastatic BC lung/liver 10/04
thorocentesis 2x - pleurodesis
Herceptin Taxatiere Carbo
Femera/Lupron
BC NED 4/05
chemo induced Acute Myeloid Leukemia 5/06
Induction/consolidation chemo
bone marrow transplant - 11/3/06
Severe Host vs Graft Disease of liver