View Single Post
Old 10-12-2006, 05:58 AM   #19
Sher

Amy,

I just had a complete mascetomy at Stage IV and I have no regrets. My tumor was extremely rapid growing. In less then 2 months time tumor grew to 80% in right breast. I also had to go through a second surgery because of major tissue damage (long time smoker) where they transplanted fat from my abdomen to my chest wall and then did skin grafts from my pubic area to my chest. Just arrived back home this past Saturday. The grafts were and still are are horribly painful and I hope I never have to have another one done........or if I do it damn sure won't come from the pubic area!!! I go back in three weeks to meet with the oncologist and surgeon for treatment/reconstruction plans. The surgeon I have is phenominal. You know the funny thing I learned about myself is it didn't bother me at all to lose a breast but I'm scared ****less about losing my hair!!!!

I was very confused and very angry at my first surgeon who did my biopsy. Because of that I sought a second opinion at CTCA......best decision I ever made. My only fear is I hope I don't regret not taking the left too later down the road.

((((Hugs)))) She'll know what she wants to do when the time is right for her and her gut tells her.....just as it did me.

So Far:
Lump found 08/06 right breast.
DX 09/08 Invasive Lobular Carcinoma RB, Stage IV.
9/25 First Surgery - Complete Mascetomy w/expander and port placed.
ER/PR/HER2-, 15/20+
Major tissue damage.
METS to skin, liver, brain, sternum, lymph nodes.
10/3 Second Surgery - fat donated from lower ab and skin grafts from pubic area to chest
Sher is offline   Reply With Quote