View Single Post
Old 10-02-2006, 10:59 AM   #1
Vicki

? for ER-/Her2+++ Women in Menopause

Hi,

For those of you on the board, who are ER-/Her2+++, and in menopause, are you on any estrogen/progestin/testosterone or are you wary of taking ANY form of hormones for menopausal symptoms?

A friend of mine, who is ER+/Her2+++, and had bc and is done with treatment, takes Premarin vag. cream three times a week and Vagi-fem vag. tablets twice a week and says that her gynecologist says she's in great shape! I know some women use it for dryness and thinning skin, not to mention hot flashes. If you feel more comfortable writing me offline, please jot me a note at zimmermanvicki@yahoo.com or post it here if you're comfortable.

Then, there's the topic of synthetic vs. bioidentical (estradiol) hormones that are not as dangerous and stay local and are not as systemic. Before I find and see a new gynecologist, I want to clarify such subjects as synthetic vs. bioidentical hormones (estradiol). I am not on any hormones presently and even though my breast cancer was estrogen negative, I still have reservations about using them, but do understand that they can help combat certain symptoms that come up on occasion.

If you have any thoughts on this topic, will you please forward your ideas to me? I really hope to hear from some of you.

Thanks,

Vicki

P.S. I did find a bit of info. on this at drerika.com
Vicki is offline   Reply With Quote