View Single Post
Old 09-28-2006, 06:32 PM   #67
gin-tx

Recurrence of BC

Dear Robin,

I think your findings are very interesting and I intend to print it and show to my onc when I go next time. This is my second episode of BC, first was 10 yrs ago, lumpectamy followed by 36 radiation treatments. Now I have developed a problem with other breast, had biopsy in April, surgeon thought everything looked good but it came back malignant. He did sentinel node procedure, wider margins and first lymph node removed was malignant, only one in fact. It was Her2. This followed by a bone scan that revealed something unknown, then MRI that determined I had tumor on spine changing my status to Metastatic Grade IV. Had to address spine problem first, had 18 radiation treatments. Now am doing Herceptin w/Aridia, so far so good, have had 5 treatments. The docs are talking more radiation to breast that has been untreated, I told him I don't think I can handle it. See what mammogram and CT shows next month.

Thank you for your wonderful information. Keep in touch and let me know how you are doing.

ginkott1@aol.com
gin-tx is offline   Reply With Quote