View Single Post
Old 09-28-2006, 02:57 PM   #66
RobinP

Red face

Good luck AA. I hope I didn't open a can of bad beans for you with this thread about relapse. In general I think that most people's odd of getting bc relapse five years out is more on the downside as evidenced by the various relapse curves that I posted. At the same time, I do think also that the long term relapse rate for her2+ that er/pr+ is very obscure, at this point, which makes it difficult to EXACTLY determine any delayed course of treatment for this group.Note there is not a defined course of delayed treatment for the hormonal negative group, her2+++ group either who never got Herceptin initially. I know, it really sucks, being in this boat.Maybe it's just best to ignore these relapse rates in certain circumstances. I don't know???

Perhaps the relapse data I posted is most useful to those newly diagnosed who are making adjuvant treatment choices now. Often physicians just don't offer this kind of information though, and make all the treatment choices for the patient. However, I think it is important for one to know their risks of relapse straight up so that they can do ALL the appropriate treatments that they feel necessary.