View Single Post
Old 09-27-2006, 06:53 PM   #3
sabpri

Hi Elaine,

You are one of the first people I have met that has a similar situation as me, being a ??? Stage 4. They saw spots 2 spots on my bones and said it was cancer on PET, nothing on Bone Scan, questionable on CT, so I am documented Stage 4, but I am still questionable in my mind. I try and think of myself as Stage 3 until proven otherwise.

I was 37 and was also done having kids. I also tested BRCA+, so there was no doubt in my mind I was going to have my ovaries removed. I really conteplated whether to do the total hysterectomy or just ovaries. In the end, I decided I had enough surgery for now and opted for the ooph. I could have it laproscopic. I just feel like I had enough body parts removed. Now I can take Arimidex since I am post-menapusal and I think it shows better success rates than Tamoxifan.

How old are your kids? Mine are 5 and twins 3. How do you handle dealing with kids and a scary future. I was diagnosed August 05 and I am having a hard time worrying about recurrance, especially with ? Stage 4.

Natalie
sabpri is offline   Reply With Quote