View Single Post
Old 09-27-2006, 04:10 PM   #1
ElaineRyan

New to site-35yrs old-Question regarding ovarian suppression

Hi to everyone,

This is my first post although I read all the time. I was diagnosed in July 05 at age 34. I am Her2neu+, Estrogen +, Progesterone -. I am question mark stage IV (in my mind). Initially their was a spot on my liver but it responded to treatment before they could biopsy but with that being said ,they are assuming it was cancer.

I had chemo before surgery because they knew it was in my nodes from a needle aspiration. Responded great to chemo/herceptin. After 4 months of chemo. I had surgery, tumor was the size of a pea....initially it was I believe 5 cc. Nodes were negative.

I did 7 weeks of radiation. Throughout my treatment I have had numerous PET Scans and other...mostly to monitor my liver.

I am currently taking Tamoxifen because I did get my period back.

I just started my second year of Herceptin. This was not initially my onc. recommendation but after seeing another onc. I felt like it was the best thing for me to stay on Herceptin.

My question pertains to ovarian suppresion. I am definatley having my ovaries removed. I don't want to deal with shots and I am done having children. My OB/GYN thinks I should go for the whole hysterectomy.

Was wondering if anyone has done this? Or has thoughts.

Thanks Elaine
ElaineRyan is offline   Reply With Quote