View Single Post
Old 09-26-2006, 12:30 AM   #62
AlaskaAngel

SusanV, Karenann, and Bev,

I realized when reading your posts that we all tend to think primarily in terms of our own situation, not realizing that when we give short answers they are easily confusing, and I'm probably guilty here of that.

In my situation, what my onc was specifically referring to I think was to my question as someone who already finished original chemotherapy that didn't include a taxane, and was asking if I could now have both a taxane and Herceptin (for treatment more than 2 years out from original treatment). He said off the cuff that the taxane mostly really only helped those who were HR-.

Bev and Karenann, I think you were assuming from SusanV's post that she was saying Herceptin wouldn't be helpful to her--but I think she (like me in my earlier post) was not talking about not having Herceptin, but rather talking about whether adding Taxol was helpful, and her onc then told her the same thing mine told me--that adding a taxane works best for those who are HR-.

I hope no one minds if I start a new thread for this. It is getting hard to follow this one because it is so long.

AlaskaAngel
AlaskaAngel is offline   Reply With Quote