View Single Post
Old 09-22-2006, 03:06 PM   #7
Ora

Anti-anxiety drugs helped

Mjo,
My heart goes out to you. I had the lumpectomy first, then chemo, then rads and now am on Femara & Herceptin. I was also stressed out by all of this and anxious after finishing rads. I'm working and out of sick leave & vacation and still bone tired. My boss doesn't want to hear anything about this anymore, and I'm thinking my hubby is getting tired of it too. I was hoping to take an early retirement and they promised me a severence package, but now don't want to give it to me. All of us have our personal problems and of course, the BC but I was so depressed after rads, I just sat around and cried. They put me on Wellbuterin to help me quit smoking and I didn't seem so depressed. Then because this forum recommended Effexor for hot flashes, they took me off the wellbuterin and I guess the Effexor is also an anti-depressent too. Both of them seemed to help and I don't seem quite so anxious or maybe it was just time. Anyway, the meds seemed to help me. I hope you find peace of mind soon.

Does anyone know how to find CLTann's article she recommended. I tried to search for it but couldn't find it. I would really like to read it.
Lumpectomy 8-4-05, 2cm tumor, 3 nodes neg, Completed 4 A/C, 4 taxol, decadron (weekly due to steriod reaction) finished 4-17-06
Finished 33 rads 6-5-06, Femara, Started Herceptin 6-22-06
Effexor for hot flashes, Taken off Herceptin Feb 2007 due to low LVEF (44 by Echo) Coreg & Lisinopril replaced bp meds - April Echo back up to 55 Resumed Herceptin 5-21-07.
2010: almost 5 YRS NED!!! Still taking Femara & Coreg. Due to all the CT scans, abdominal aneurysm found & repaired. Something good came out of having cancer.
2013 7+ years NED. Still on Femara
Ora is offline   Reply With Quote