View Single Post
Old 09-16-2006, 07:58 PM   #1
lu ann

Please continue to pray for my friend with pancreatic cancer

I have a young friend who was just dx. with stage 4 pancreatic cancer, 2 months ago. She had been treated for the last 2 years for stomach problems. Had she of been dx. earlier the cancer might have not spread to her liver and she could of had surgery. She saw physicians at both Cleveland Clinic and University Hospitals of Cleveland, Ohio. Both told her to go home and put her affairs in order.

She called Cancer Treatment Centers of America in Zion, Illinois. They have given her hope. She will fly to their hospital in Tulsa Oklahoma on Tuesday.

She spoke to a woman who had the same symtoms and prognosis and was also told by her previous physicians to go home and die. This woman is in her 5th year since starting treatment, in full remission. You can read about her on the CTCA web site.

My friend has a tough battle ahead, but she is a fighter and if anyone can beat this hideous disease, she can.

Please continue praying for my friend Jodee and her family. She has 4 young sons, Daniel age 9, Joseph and James twins age 6, and Dylan age 4.

Her mother is a good friend of mine who I have known for the last 27 years. Jodee was just 14 when I met her. She's still a young kid to me. Too young to die. Please pray.

Love and Blessings from Lu Ann

ps. I don't know what the right word is to use in our breast cancer situation, but we are blessed to have a cancer that is so well researched and has so many treatments available. When one is dx. with pancreatic cancer at any other stage then 1, it is considered terminal. It's just not fair, but I guess life is not going to be fair.

Last edited by lu ann; 09-16-2006 at 08:06 PM..
lu ann is offline   Reply With Quote