Thread: Just for fun...
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2006, 09:50 AM   #102
SusanV

Smile All about Me !

Great Idea & Amazing Women !

I was dx at age 37 on August 3, 2006 and celebrated my 11 year wedding anniversary two days later to my soul mate Chris. Ours was a love a first sight story, and the fairy tale continues....... We have two beautiful children ,my son Christopher John (CJ ) age 9 and my daughter Caroline age 6. My son is into his Playstation II and playing flag football, and my daughter is taking her first year of dance classes. I am an avid animal lover, and have a 2 year old golden retriever named Patrick..He is definatley part of the family. My office at work has as many pictures of the dog as the family !

I am very close to my parents and my only brother who is also the best friend a sister could have. He has been an enoromous support to me, went with me to my appointments, researched on the web and continues to call me everyday to check in. My mother is not handling my dx all too well, but I think in time she will do better. My family is known for our sense of humor which I think will pull us all through ! My husband works for the State of PA and has exceptional health care benefits (Thank goodness), he has also taken time off to help me, and is now trading places with me at home to take care of all the laundry, house work, running the kids everywhere etc....

I have a Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration with a minor in Marketing. I have been with the same company for the past 14 Wonderful years...Two years ago I received an amazing promotion and broke into the good old "boys" network. I am a regional manager responsible for 8 of our accounts. I am the only woman regional manager in my office, and take great pride in always being able to run with the big dogs. I LOVE my career, and I pray that I never have to give it up. I am one of those people who perfers managing the demands of both work & home together. I was off work for the first month of my DX and work was both supportive & understanding. I was very lucky that way.

I love reading in my spare time, drink way too much coffee (until the dx) and am your typical Type A over achiever....
I love this site and many thanks to Joe & Christine...
ER/PR + (Highly Positive)
Her 2 +++
1.3 & 1.2 tumors right breast
node negative
lumpectomy 8-15-06
A/C Began 9-5-06 Finished A/C 11/6/06
Port Placement 9-15-06
Negative Test for BRAC1 & BRAC2 10-25-06
Began Tamoxofin November 21, 2006
First Herceptin November 27, 2006 Continues every 3 Weeks
First Radiation Treatment December 11, 2006
35 Rads Completed