View Single Post
Old 09-08-2006, 12:21 PM   #12
pattyz

Julierene,
Bless your heart! I agree: 'it's in our genes'. Some outside factors may change our genetics without any fault of our own, yet......I believe there is really nothing we can do/EAT/NOT do/NOT eat, to change whether we get cancer or not.

About your friend who is triple neg... I know this offers fewer treatment options, with perhaps lower response rates overall... But, on the bcmets.org site there are triple negs with some good longevity. Just as an fyi...

I'm ER+ PR- Her2+++ with mediastinal nodal mets (now NED) and brain mets, (currently for third time with multiple) This was what I wanted to tell you really.

If you have not seen my posts: I HAVE responded to Xeloda/Temodar for these 8 current brain mets. Twice (after 2 rounds ea.) they shrunk nearly 50%. Three more MRis showed stable, no new lesions. I started this tx a year ago. I do have some small progression to two of the 8 lesions, and am back on my chemo. Perhaps you could share my story with your friend, too.

There have also been at least two small studies using this combo for breast cancer mets to brain with similar success. One was just posted by Lani in the Trials area here. The other was reported at San Antonio in '04.

Best to you, girlfriend,
Gonna go have something yummy now...
pattyz
pattyz is offline   Reply With Quote