View Single Post
Old 09-07-2006, 08:17 AM   #2
Joy

this is fascinating

Thanks Lani, I was very interested to read this (not that I'm smart enough to get all of it). If I'm interpreting this right, then this is very relevant for me personally (although that is a big 'IF'). When I switched from Taxol/Carbo cause it plateaued in efficacy to Megace (progesterone) my liver lesions tripled and doubled in 6 weeks time and I'm wondering if there is a connection between that and this article's info. In the past estrogen manipulating treatments have worked REALLY well for me. We thought that Megace would work well too. I could be really wrong, but it just seems crazy that I had SO much progression while on a progestriogenic drug. Do you have any thoughts?

By the way I love all of your articles and insights. I just hope that YOU are doing well and feeling great, cause we are here for you, too.

dx stage I 2/2000*er/pr+; her- per IHC*lumpectomy*4 rounds A/C*30 rads*tamoxifen*dx stage 4 5/2002*huge mets to liver*tiny mets to lungs*stopped tamoxifen*5/02 taxotere/xeloda*her 2 checked with FiSH-her2+++herceptin *2/03 stopped chemo femara w/herceptin*zolodex*04 switched to aromasin w/herceptin*05 high estrogen tx*11/05taxol/carbo*7/06 stopped chemo; megace/herceptin*9/06navelbine/herceptin*5/07tykerb/xeloda great response*4/08 progression in liver; ooph/ faslodex /herceptin
6/08 began Herceptin DM-1
9/08 progression
Joy is offline   Reply With Quote