View Single Post
Old 09-02-2006, 06:10 PM   #13
fcrcm

Post 15 years with Stage IV

This is for the 6+ years with Stage IV thread.

I am in a group of breast cancer survivors. We began to meet when we were early diagnosed (1990-1991.) Two of us have been STage IV (bone mets) since 1991. Another has IBC (Inflammatory Breast CA - IIIB).

The one with IBC has had lots of things go wrong in her body, but is NED.

The two of us who began this journey in Stage IV are still around. I have liver mets now and my friend has increase in bone mets and some soft tissue involvement. Our treatment choices have been different and we are always in treatment of one form or another. I've made little change to my diet (well, I am sensible about fats, alcohol, etc). My friend has been on a very rigid McDougal type diet and takes a jillioin supplements. The friend with IBC only began to exercize two years ago - she said she had no idea it would make her feel better - and made no dietary changes whatsoever.

Even though treatments control our lives (the schedule, the side effects, the worry etc) we are all three living lives that include family and travel and study...lots of good stuff. I grow incredible vegetables.

Courage, my friends.
fcrcm is offline   Reply With Quote