Thread: Sad weekend!
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2006, 10:24 PM   #4
Tom

Wink

Dear Sandy,

I know how heartsick you are over this tragedy, but there is reason for hope. Your little Pug's age is his best hope. They, like children, are very resilient. The fact that you went to the vet right away and started him on steroids was the best possible thing you could have done. Hopefully the damaging swelling has been minimized and stopped in its tracks, and Yoda will make a full recovery. Those steroids are amazing when used correctly.

My 64 year old cousin and I were involved in a boat accident years ago. He seemed fine afterwards, and chose to drive home the same day. Unknown to anyone, was the fact that he was slowly bleeding into his brain from a broken blood vessel. He passed out at the wheel, flipped his car 5 times, and was ejected onto the road. He suffered a broken back and neck, on top of the already severe brain hemorrhage. He was taken to the hospital immediately, and given Decadron to control the swelling around his brain and spinal chord. He was comatose for two long weeks, but finally awoke and went on to eventually recover full function in his legs many months later.

I truly believe that your little friend will recover, and bring you many more years of joy and companionship. Please let us know how he is doing as time passes. I will pray that he recovers soon. After all, he is another one of God's amazing little creations.

Tom

Tom is offline   Reply With Quote