Thread: Sad weekend!
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2006, 08:19 PM   #1
Sandy H

Sad weekend!

I am sad this Holiday weekend as my husband and I were going to move into our new camp that we have been looking forward to doing for two years now. Today, my husband was driving down the road and our pug who was sitting on his left knee hit the window button and down went the window. He jumped up and fell out the window!! We took him to the vet and he appears to have a spinal cord injury but we don't know who bad yet because of the swelling was unable to x-ray so he is on pain killers and steriods. He will not stand up or walk but the vet said he should just lay around for a few days for the swelling to go down. Seems its a 3 to 4 hour drive to camp on a rough dirt road I opt to stay home and keep him as comfortable as possible. My husband will go without me so he feels bad because he feels its his fault. He made a committment to meet somone up there to work out some camp issues or he would stay home. I just want Yoda to be o.k. as he is so cute and loving. His our baby only 11 months old. I just had to vent to my whole family on this board. hugs to you all for a wonderful weekend. Sandy
5 rads-skin mets
Herceptin, taxol, carboplatin (taxol seem to be the magic drug)
Navelbine & xeloda (did not work)
topical miltex for skin mets
Tykerb/xeloda
thoracentesis x 2 left lung fluid shows cancer cells
Port removal (4 years) with power port replacement
Doxil
Updated 05-07 Scans show no bone or organ involvement we shall see!

I shall not pass this way again. Any good I can do or any kindness that I can show let me not defer or neglect it for I shall not pass this way again.
Sandy H is offline   Reply With Quote