View Single Post
Old 08-27-2006, 12:21 PM   #17
Donna

I have been looking into this, too

Hi All,

I was doing research on all of the omegas to see what to take to helpe the chemo work better. I am meeting with a cancer nutritionist this Weds. who said she would check on the latest research as well - also on some other things I found that might be helpful like non denatured whey isolate. This is what I found and I have added Omegas to my vitamin regimen, but I made sure to minimize how much EPA is in the mix (next to nothing) because I read that EPA actually helps the cancer grow. I feel the jury is still out on how much vitamin E to take - I am hoping the nutritionist will have information on that. Below are some interesting abstracts from PUBMED I found that helped me to decide what to take - I have added Resveratrol as well at the Omegas based on these findings - they help my chemo work and also inhibit Her-2/Neu, a win-win in my book.

Differential sensitization of cancer cells to doxorubicin by DHA: a role for lipoperoxidation. PUBMED
Retinoic acid and ascorbic acid act synergistically in inhibiting human breast cancer cell proliferation PUBMED
Use of resveratrol to improve the effectiveness of cisplatin and doxorubicin: study in human gynecologic cancer cell lines and in rodent heart PUBMED
The antiproliferative activity of resveratrol results in apoptosis in MCF-7 but not in MDA-MB-231 human breast cancer cells: cell-specific alteration of the cell cycle PUBMED
Resveratrol down-regulates the growth and telomerase activity of breast cancer cells in vitro PUBMED
Exogenous supplementation with omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acid docosahexaenoic acid (DHA; 22:6n-3) synergistically enhances taxane cytotoxicity and downregulates Her-2/neu (c-erbB-2) oncogene expression in human breast cancer cells.PUBMED

Best to you all! Donna

Last edited by Donna; 08-27-2006 at 12:24 PM..
Donna is offline   Reply With Quote