View Single Post
Old 08-26-2006, 11:54 AM   #16
Jean

Susan,

Sorry to hear that you have been dx with this dreadfull disease.
The decision to treat with chemo is very difficult for some and yet easy for others. I will say that we are all different and the disease does effect each one based on their own personal chemistry. I believe that I cannot trust the decsion based on nodes alone. Yes, your dr. is wise to educate you that the blood stream is a path for the t-cells to travel and her2 does like to travel.
If my history helps here it goes:
Had a small tumor - after lumpectomy 3mm - er-postive pr negative , node negative. Stage 1 grade 1 dr. all advised radiation and Arimidex which I did have treatment of 32 radiation trts. and also Arimidex. I did not feel
comfortable and I did have the Oncotype test done. Came back off off the charts - scored a total of 46 with a 31% chance of recurrance which translate to a high risk catagory. Onc. here changed his opinion. I decided to see Dr. Slamon who ran the TOPO 11 test. TOPO 11 came back negative.
His advised TCH...Dr. Slamon was strongly for chemo along with the herceptin. You are young and have many wonderful years ahead of you.
I opted for an aggressive treatment no matter what my age. I am 55 yrs old.
I have just completed my 5th treatment of TCH - Sept. 11 will be my 6th and final chemo - It is always your own choice but I do not regret my choice.
I had to fight hard as a early stager - I truly in my heart believe that the future treatment will change in regards to early stagers. The approach of tumor size will NOT be the main factor. What was your KI-67 levels?
that is very important. Susan I wish you strength in your decision and please let us know what you do decide, this is a wonderful site with many wonderful women who share great wisdom - this diesease can and will be beaten due to our joint efforts......

God Bless,
Jean
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote