View Single Post
Old 08-25-2006, 09:11 AM   #7
Marlys

Susan,
I, too, am like you. Dx 3/9/05, IDC, high grade tumor, 1.5cm, HER2+++, ER+++, PR+, Stage 1. Lumpectomy 4/13 and repeat for wider margins 4/25 with negative sentinel node biopsy. I am a retired operating room nurse. When they told me that there was no difference in outcome with lumpectomy versus mastectomy I was elated. I am not all that fond of my boobs but I hate pain and I have seen what we do to women when we do a mastectomy.
Anyway, I had A/C x4, rads x30, and Herceptin every 3 weeks for a year. I finished my year on July 11. I started on Arimidex when I finished rads. I lost 30 pounds with chemo and have kept it off through excercise and a better diet that I learned about on this site. I started taking CoEnzyme Q10 and walking and my MUGA actually improved to the point that my onc quit ordering the scans.
I found this site in October and am so grateful for it. I am in better health than I was when I was diagnosed. I realize that there is no cure for this disease but I like "no evidence of disease" just fine.
I have noticed that different centers treat patients differently but I have great trust in my oncolgists and have not had any concerns that they have not addressed to my satisfaction.
Welcome to this site and hang in there.
Love, Marlys

Last edited by Marlys; 08-25-2006 at 09:14 AM..
Marlys is offline   Reply With Quote