View Single Post
Old 08-24-2006, 06:20 PM   #1
Liz J.

Need some advice

Hi Her2 Family,

I am a little confused right now and would appreciate any input you may have. I had posted a few weeks ago about my remaining breast getting larger and some other symptoms. I want to thank all who responded. I was able to see my surgeon today and after listening to my complaints and examining me, he wants to do a biopsy next Friday. This would be done in the ambulatory center where my port was removed. He thinks it may be cystic but is not taking any chances. I also saw my onc today. I never see him on a Thursday. It is always on Mondays for my 3 week Herceptin. As fate would have it due to a scheduling conflict my appt. had to be moved to today. I immediately told him what was happening and he wants me to have an MRI before any surgery. He also examined me. It turns out that my regular testing center as well as others in the area who do MRI's don't do breast MRIs. They finally found one that does it but I think I will have to postpone the biopsy as by the time they get this scheduled and wait for results, I will be past next Friday. I feel very confident with both of these doctors. I really believe I should have the MRI first. Just wondering if anyone here has had a similar experience.

Sincerely,

Liz J.
Liz J. is offline   Reply With Quote