View Single Post
Old 08-22-2006, 07:41 PM   #1
friend

Smile Don't cry because it is over, smile because it happened - Amy passed away Aug 8th

Amy passed away on Aug 9th and below is the opening to her obituary that she had drafted herself.

Don't cry because it is over, smile because it happened." Amy Marie Hendrickson Stewart, 41, died peacefully on Wednesday, Aug. 9, 2006.

Amy had such a strong faith and always kept God close to her heart which gives meaning to her opening statement. As Amy's friend it was comforting to witness her unwavering faith during this difficult time.

Amy's life improved the quality of those lives that she touched with her beauty, which radiated from within. The manner in which she embraced her life was one of simplicity, yet timeless class and faith. She defined the word "love" by setting a genuine example of kindness and altruism. She was the love of her husband's life and her departure will forever leave a hole in his heart and the hearts of her entire family and many friends. If you knew Amy, you were blessed by the way that she embraced life, showing love and compassion to everyone, while never passing judgment against anyone. Amy has two beautiful daughters Amanda and Hana that she loved with all of her heart.

I struggled with wether or not to post Amy's passing because I know that she would not want to cause additional saddness or fear however I felt it important to let all of you know that this support group provided her much comfort and sound advice that she mentioned to me on numerous occasions. As Amy's friend I also monitored this website frequently to better educate myself in order to be more supportive. I would like to express my appreciation to all of you for the support that Amy received from your group. I know for a fact that Amy took inforamtion and advice from all of you to her Doctors which improved her treatment and it gave Amy comfort that she felt she had explored all avenues that were available to her. Without the support of this group Amy would not have had that comfort nor would she have been able to challenge her treatment when necessary. With the ability to share the information that you are all sharing this support group will play a invaluable role in the cure of breast cancer so not only are you all supporting each other but your contributions to this site will certainly result in a faster cure. Keep spreading the news, there will be a cure soon!

I wish you all could have known Amy. She was a gift in my life and I can assure you all that you have an angel looking over you - she truely held you all very close to her heart.

I am attaching a smilie face to this message in honor of Amy's wishes - "Don't cry because it is over, smile because it happened"

My thoughts and prayers go out to all of you!

Amy's friend - Renee

friend is offline   Reply With Quote