View Single Post
Old 08-20-2006, 03:25 PM   #2
Becky

Chelee

My best source of support is this board, after my husband, sisters, mom and 2 close friends. However, I can say whatever I want here and everyone understands. I do not even go to a once a month local support group any longer because it is too much "caring and sharing" and I am more inclined for the scientific information provided on this board. Plus, here at home, I am the only Her2+ gal in the group. Nobody understands what Her2 is etc. Although, I will say we have 2 triple negatives in the group and they are more attuned than the others.

With this group, someone is always there. There is a member who fits any need you have - need ovaries removed - someone's been there. Prophalactic mastectomy with or without reconstruction - someone there too. And the information on nutrition, diet etc. All the women here are amazing.

As far as people not being there after diagnosis, I have a small core of friends and not very many neighbors so that did not happen to me. But I have heard that people disappear after a cancer diagnosis - like its catchy or something.

Keep smiling

Becky
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote