View Single Post
Old 08-17-2006, 05:07 PM   #17
doh2pa
Deceased

Hi Julierene,
I just had a very freaky experience and I had to share. I come on this site on and off and have not been on for a few months. I too had liver mets, was treated for 6 months with carbo, herceptin and ixabipelone (a taxane like drug). The 4 spots on my liver disappeared according to my scan in May. I am also getting a vaccine. So the vaccine trial I am on required a scan in August and the CAT scan showed a new 2 cm spot on my liver. I was so upset. Just like you I felt like 6 months of hell for a short 3 month remission. I am scheduled for a PET scan next Thursday, but am fearing the worst. So here's the freaky part. A good friend of mine recently lost her sister to lymphoma. She said it was so hard to loose her and then have to make all the arrangements for her funeral without knowing what she wants. This friend of mine is very practical and she begged me to write down what I wanted when the time came. So tonight, I went on this site and searched on planning my funeral and your lovely poem came up. It touched me deeply. Then I searched on liver mets and your picture came up again. And you are going through the same thing as I. I am seeing my onc after the PET scan on Thursday and then seeing another onc the following week for a second opinion. Since we are both going through this at the same time would you consider trading e-mail addresses? Mine is doh2pa@comcast.net. I think we might be able to help each other through this.

Donna from PA
doh2pa is offline   Reply With Quote