View Single Post
Old 08-15-2006, 08:38 AM   #2
Lisa1962

I have trouble knowing which side effects are from which treatment - because I started them all at the same time - but I do know that I felt HORRIBLE after my first few Zometa infusions and that slowly got better - the flu-like aches and pains subsided for the most part

now all my other symptoms could be from the Herceptin - the sudden pre-mature menopause - theFemara - the Zometa - but they're not debilitating - just incredibly frustrating because I should not feel like I am 94 when I am 44!

you may want to try the Zometa a few more times to see if you get used to it. That being said I have asked to go to an every-other Herceptin treatment for my Zometa. I've just been feeling iffy about the bisphosphates??? did I spell that wrong it looks wrong... and asked if I could skip every other treatment - so I get Herceptin every 3 weeks and Zometa every 6. Yesterday was the first time I skipped the Zometa - and I don't feel like it was and "easier" treatment (just about 20 minutes shorter - yay!). So maybe I am not getting any immediate side effects from the infusions... can't say anything about long-term side effects because I am sure skipping an infusion doesn't get it out of my system.

These decisions are tough - I hope you make one you can feel good about
Lisa1962 is offline   Reply With Quote