View Single Post
Old 08-14-2006, 07:19 PM   #8
koolbreeze

Sorry to hear

I know that I was one of those teenagers that drank quite a bit and got beligerant with my folks. I had to go through some rough times but I think had I had some tough love from my folks it would have helped. Instead they kind of turned a blind eye to my difficulty and I went through a lot of difficult and drunk years in my young adult life as a result. I ended up in AA in my early 20's and quit drinking competely for over 10 years. I am not blaming them, I guess they did the best they could but a tougher approach and maybe getting me some help early would have helped. Who knows for sure.

Teenagers can be so susceptible to adult influence and I hope you don't allow the adult in this situation to get away with exerting influence and providing alcohol to your daughter.

I wish you all success in dealing with this situation among every thing else you have to deal with. Hugs Kool

DX 3/05
Stage IIB 1.3cm w/ lymph node involvement
ER+++PR+, HER2+++ G3
Surgery - Left mastectomy 4/05, Lymph node removal 5/05, breast expander removal 6/05, partial thyroidectomy 7/05, Right mastectomy 1/06
Post Menopausal due to hyserectomy 2/03 (took hormone replacement)
Treatment - A/C, Taxol and Herceptin, Herceptin only (finish 10/06), Arimidex daily.
Age 50
koolbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote