HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Not good news! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58580)

ammebarb 07-16-2013 09:42 AM

Not good news!

Just back from hearing that my latest mri indicates a single, small met on my liver. Wavering between tears and numb in the moment. I suppose I'll hear from my oncologist in Philadelphia soon and will probably be traveling to make a plan. I am am absolute mess right now, and am having a heck of a time grabbing for any hope.

Barb

karen z 07-16-2013 09:45 AM

Re: Not good news!

Barb,
I know those with much more experience about this issue will come flooding your way. Try to stay strong as this is one small met that I am sure your oncologist will have a good plan for you. In the meantime I am thinking of you. Stay strong.

KDR 07-16-2013 09:57 AM

Barb
I've been there. One single small met? You'll get rid of that quickly, I'm sure.
I will be thinking of you.
Karen

NEDenise 07-16-2013 10:16 AM

Oh Barb!
I wish I could be there and give you a big hug!

Why is it that we just can't seem to catch a break?! I know, as Karen just posted, one small liver met won't be a huge deal in the scheme of things. But... really? you have enough to deal with! I'm putting this on my list of things to ask about when I get through the pearly gates someday.

Praying for a good plan, and a quick end to this chapter of your life... but more importantly for you to find peace and courage to fight on... the way you always have!

Love and a big hug, my friend...
Denise

'lizbeth 07-16-2013 11:08 AM

I hate that you have a liver met, but I like the description "single and small".

It's discouraging, but treatable. Others have gotten to NED. It just sucks that you are facing more treatment.

Praying for you to get through this rough time, and wishing for a quick transfer to NED.

tricia keegan 07-16-2013 11:43 AM

Barb I'm so sorry and without wanting to give you false hope I felt I should mention they told my friend the same but when she had it biopsied it was a benign lump that is fairly common and many people have them but never know, we of course get so many scans and tests it shows up. I just wanted to say keep an open mind and if its definate you'll get rid of that asap with all these good vibes and prayers winging their way to you. x

Lien 07-16-2013 11:52 AM

I am so sorry, and although the docs probably know what they are talking about, there's always a chance that it is benign. Just hearing those words is so scary. But: It ain't over till the fat lady sings! Breathe in, breathe out. Take it one step at the time.

One small met is treatable and over the 9 years I've spent in online breastcancer communities I've seen people go back to NED frequently.

Sending hugs and healing vibes. And a virtual shoulder to cry on.

Love

Jacqueline

CarolineC 07-16-2013 12:14 PM

Thinking of you and giving you a virtual huge hug! You have made it through some tough times and will continue to do so-time for a break!

linn65 07-16-2013 12:15 PM

I had a cat scan on my liver twice and then they did an Ultrasound on it too. They decided it was a Hemo something a blood vessel type thing that people have from birth and it is common but most never know they have one. SOOO maybe they will do another test and a little small met will be a little small blood coil.

Pamelamary 07-16-2013 07:33 PM

Dear Barb,
Sorry to hear your news, but wishing you the speedy establishment of a treatment plan and great results.
Best wishes..... Pam

dawny 07-16-2013 08:16 PM

Best wishes Barb

Bunty 07-16-2013 08:55 PM

Oh Barb, sorry that you have to go through this horrible emotional strain. But... it's right what everyone is saying here - it's small, and it's just one, and at worse, if it isn't benign, so much can be done to rid this pesky visitor.
Sending you hugs..
Marie

SusanN 07-16-2013 08:57 PM

I'm so sorry to hear this Barb...know that I'm with all the other gals...praying for you and asking God to give you strength and peace!! Huge Hugs!!

suzan w 07-16-2013 09:53 PM

Linn 65, hemangioma is what I think you had. I had that too. Caused quite a scare, but turned out to be nothing. Hoping that is the case for you too, Barb. Hang onto that hope tight.

KsGal 07-17-2013 12:20 AM

Im really sorry, Barb. Big hugs to you. I pray that you get some comfort and peace of mind. That one single met in your liver doesn't even stand a chance. I had one living there for over a year and didn't even feel it. Now it is gone, and yours will be too. Know that we are all here for you, and sending you so many cyber hugs and smiles and bunches of positive energy.

vballmom 07-17-2013 05:09 AM

Prayers and hugs. Listen to these wonderful ladies with their infinite wisdom. Right now you are still information gathering!