HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Services for Christine (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58227)

sassy 05-28-2013 06:08 PM

Services for Christine

Debra and Danielle asked that we post the information for Christine's services.

The viewing will be held this Sunday from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. at El Camino Memorial, 340 Melrose Avenue, Encinitas, CA, followed by a hosted dinner reception at 3:30 at Dini's By the Sea, Christine's favorite restaurant.

The funeral will be held on Monday morning at either 10 or 11 a.m. They will know definitively by Wednesday afternoon. The service will take place at Elizabeth Seton Church, 6628 Santa Isabel St, Carlsbad, CA, followed by burial at San Luis Rey, a historical landmark.

In lieu of flowers, the family has asked that memorial gifts be made to HER2Support.org.

StephN 05-28-2013 06:47 PM

Re: Services for Christine

The Druther daughters have been working hard to accomodate many relatives and others with these plans.
Sadly I am not able to come down. This timing coincides with a major family event, and I don't see how I can do it all.

Sounds like there will be an amazing send-off for an amazing woman. Wish I could get a plane ticket instead of settling for a donation.

Adriana Mangus 05-28-2013 10:40 PM

Hi Sassy,

I will definitely attend the services.

Hopefully there will be other Her2 gals at Christine's services. There are other Her2 ladies who live in this area as well.

It will be a very sad day for me, I remember some time ago, I put a little get together for the Southern California Her2+ ladies, the reunion took place at the Carlsbad Inn Resort on Christine's birthday. It was a fun day with cake and flowers.
Joe and Christine, both were so sweet. We all laughed, talked, shared our medical stories, ate cake and then some more. Afterwards we end up having dinner at Fidel's Restaurant in Carlsbad. I will never forget that day!

Adriana

Ceesun 05-29-2013 03:05 PM

Adriana, Your memorable day sounds absolutely wonderful. I wish I lived closer as I would love to honor the memory of Christine and Joe as well. My mind keeps going back to them these past few days. Ceesun

'lizbeth 05-30-2013 09:49 AM

I was thinking of going too. I don't know Christine as well as many of the Her2support ladies. I do really appreciate she and Joe created this board for us. So I would be pleased to go and represent StephN and others who cannot attend.

Andriana, I will look for you.

Debra Druther 05-30-2013 11:12 AM

Hello -- Just wanted to confirm that the funeral will be held at 11am on Monday.

IrvineFriend 06-02-2013 09:58 AM

I will be attending on Sunday, but cannot arrive until close to 2:00, and then will attend the dinner. Adriana/'lizbeth, my pic is very recent and I will have the same wig on, so please do look for me. I live about 45 minutes south of Carlsbad. I am fairly new to this site, but it was my lifeline after my surgery and then throughout chemo. I had nothing but admiration and grattitude for anyone associate with this site, let alone starting it from scratch.

-Julie

StephN 06-02-2013 12:12 PM

My thanks to all who can make these events to lay Christine to rest. We are so scattered across the country (and the world!), yet will be there in spirit and sending our love to you girls.

CarolineC 06-02-2013 10:15 PM

I wish I could go. My thoughts will be with Debra and Danielle tomorrow, and those of you who can attend.