HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Waiting, waiting... (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=55778)

Mandamoo 09-11-2012 08:00 PM

Waiting, waiting...

I am sitting here waiting for my bone scan. I have had my pretrial bloods and CT (brain, chest, abdo, pelvis) this morning. Echo is Friday. Then I have to wait until next Wednesday to see trial onc and be randomized - I will start treatment next Wednesday.
Seems like forever!
So hoping scans are relatively ok and that I get TDM1.
Twiddling my thumbs now...... It's going to be a long week - makes Italy seem like forever ago!

chrisy 09-11-2012 08:24 PM

Re: Waiting, waiting...

It does seem like it takes forever...we have a very different perspective on it than the medical professionals it seems.

Good luck!

Pamelamary 09-12-2012 01:35 AM

Well, we certainly learn patience!
Best wishes for next Wednesday..... Pam

dawny 09-12-2012 04:22 AM

Waiting, waiting with you Amanda! Just let it start already!
Best wishes
Dawn

Redwolf8812 09-12-2012 05:09 AM

Waiting & praying...

- Penny

Bunty 09-12-2012 05:27 AM

Twiddling my thumbs, tapping my foot, fingers crossed for TDM-1 Amanda!
Best wishes
Marie

caya 09-12-2012 06:30 AM

Hope you get your results soon and that you get the TDM1 - I'm twiddling here in Canada for you, Amandala!!

all the best
caya

NEDenise 09-12-2012 05:29 PM

Sorry you have to suffer all the waiting around...
But on another topic...I LOVE your new avatar photo!!

Hope you get exactly the perfect results...and TDM-1 becomes your new best friend!
Denise

KDR 09-12-2012 06:28 PM

You are gonna be good...Amanda...I know it!
Love
Karen

Mandamoo 09-18-2012 05:57 PM

.....and I've been randomized....
To get TDM1! Start tomorrow!
Thank you for your prayers and thoughts.

dawny 09-18-2012 06:03 PM

Woo Hoo Amanda, that is THE best news! Fantastic, i hope it works well for you, with little s/e's. That's made my day!

Dawn

Bunty 09-18-2012 06:09 PM

You beauty!! So happy for you Amanda.
Cheers Marie

JennyB 09-18-2012 07:59 PM

Yay yay yay - fantastic news

suzan w 09-18-2012 08:01 PM

hooray hooray!!! Patient=Patience!!!!!!!

chrisy 09-18-2012 08:09 PM

Amanda, great news!

Pamelamary 09-19-2012 12:49 AM

Wonderful news, Amanda! Hope it all goes well for you.
Best wishes..... Pam

Mandamoo 09-19-2012 03:20 AM

Thank you - I am all set to start tomorrow. Pity I have a cold but no reason to stop treatment.
They told me today that the trial protocol has just changed to allow all in the control arm to crossover to TDM1 upon progression - great news!

Sooo happy to be starting - I know it may not work but I feel it may just be the right thing for me. The onc said many on the drug take a while to respond and then continue to respond slowly. His best responder so far is still having reduction 12 months on.

My scans were not great although onc didn't seem concerned the report read yucky - what is it with the language. onc felt there was nothing new (feels it was all there befo just small) report said significant number of new lesions in lungs. Target lesions have grown significantly in 8 weeks and I have mediastinal and hilar lymphadenopathy not seen in previous scan (although my pet showed activity here) and a possible early node in my abdomen. Good news is my bones, live and brain and showing clear! Even better I am still asymptomatic (I have a cough currently but I have had a cold and bad hay fever - I don't feel my breathing is otherwise impaired even going for a run the other day and cycling with the kids every day this week).

So, on we go!

Pray 09-19-2012 05:25 AM

Dear Amanda,

I'm praying very hard that it works for you! You sure a strong young woman and totally up to the fight. You go little Sis, Gods blessings to you and your family!!!!! Looking so forward to hearing updates!

caya 09-19-2012 08:06 AM

Hooray for you Amanda!! Sending big hugs and prayers from a fellow commonwealther that TDM1 will bring you back to NED - ASAP!!!

all the best
caya

vonny 09-19-2012 08:25 AM

Sending big hugs and prayers Amanda. I so hope this all works out for you and you are soon back to NED!!
Best wishes
Yvonne xx