HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Update on Hema (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=53721)

pibikay 03-28-2012 06:44 AM

Update on Hema

Hema completed her 20 days of WBR 3 weeks back.She was on steriods which was gradually tapered off 10 days ago.Her vision is improved.She consulted an optholmogist who said the eyes were normal and gave her glasses.She is fatigued and her memory is bad.She had a whole abdomen ultrasound and chest x ray on the 26th.She had her appointment with her onc today.After examining the ultrasound and xray he said that the present tretment can continue as it is bringing the cancer under control.He said the fatigue will go soon and the memory will get better once the side effects of the WBR go away.He has ordered a PET/CT contrast for the last week of June.She had her Zoletyrust IV also today.She has again lost her hair.Her friends say that for the last couple of days she is looking cheerfull like olden times.

caya 03-28-2012 08:07 AM

Re: Update on Hema

Glad to hear that Hema is recovering from WBR.
I hope that all the treatments continue to keep her on track to NED.

all the best
caya

Sheila 03-28-2012 09:16 AM

That is wonderful news...so glad Hema is getting back to her old self....time will make her stronger...please let her know we are thinking of her....and stay strong

schoolteacher 03-28-2012 09:58 AM

Glad to hear Hema is getting better. Thanks for letting us know how she is. Please, tell her I said, "Hello."

Amelia

ElaineM 03-28-2012 10:08 AM

Thanks for sharing the wonderful news that Hema is recovering well and enjoying life.
I am so happy for you both.
Continue to take good care of each other.
Keep us posted.

BonnieR 03-28-2012 10:27 AM

How nice to hear that she is feeling cheerful and more like her old self. That must make you feel cheery too! Keep the faith.

Pray 03-28-2012 12:00 PM

I am so happy for you and Hema, you are such a warm and loving couple. I love that you keep us posted!

Nancy

Vicky 03-28-2012 12:03 PM

So happy to hear Hema is feeling better and looking more like herself! Such encouraging news is uplifting to all of us and I am glad we get to share in some of the good news with you. Blessings to you and Hema!

Paty 03-28-2012 01:22 PM

Great to hear about Hema. Hope she feels much better soon. i am glad the treatment is working. Sending good vibes for next pet.

Mtngrl 03-28-2012 02:19 PM

Thanks for giving us a report, and glad treatment is helping.

Hang in there.

dawny 03-28-2012 04:13 PM

Thanks for sharing that great news! Best wishes to Hema
Dawn

KDR 03-28-2012 04:45 PM

Pibikay,
So warm and thoughtful of you to give us your update on Hema. Your love shines through in every post. I am sure Hema will be feeling better and better each day that passes. As always, my best wishes go out to you and your family,
Karen

chrisy 03-28-2012 10:08 PM

Thanks for the update.
It is a long road sometimes and it is so good to hear that hema is.feeling better and things seem to be headed in the right direction.

Jackie07 03-29-2012 05:24 AM

Thanks for sharing the wonderful news!