HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   update from Pam (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52562)

Pam P 12-18-2011 09:15 AM

update from Pam

Really good news on scans last week. Brain MRI improved. PET scan improved. MRI lumbar spine improved. ca2729 down to 460 - have had 3 digits in ages. Merry Christmas to me.

The down side. My femur bone is almost healed, but I've developed drop foot. My foot is so swollen, I can't feel it, flex it, walk steady at all. This is new since the broken leg. The doc says it's caused by nerves; I see a neurologist Tuesday. Has anyone had this? It's really set me back, very debilitating for my ability to walk and balance which were hard to begin with. I hope there's a cure. I know there are devices to put in your shoe to help lift the foot but it's only an aid.

Great news! My son was married on Dec. 10. Beautiful ceremony & wonderful day. I needed friends' help with walker, etc. but was so thrilled to be able to be there and enjoy. It was a joyous wedding and they are so happy, it makes my heart sing.

mmoons 12-18-2011 10:15 AM

Re: update from Pam

Your post makes MY heart sing, Pam!!! I am so sorry about your foot, but the rest was such wonderful news to read. I hope someone has some good information to help with the foot issue, because that sounds really difficult. Get that foot healed up and you will be 100% great news...which you deserve so very much!

Love,
Maureen

ElaineM 12-18-2011 10:53 AM

I was wondering about you recently. I am so glad you checked in. I was happy to read your great news except for your foot. However, I am sure you and your docs will figure something out to help your foot.
You got an early Christmas present with better scans and a lower tumor marker. That is fantastic Pam.
Congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was also wondering how youf son's wedding was.
I am happy it was a wonderful wedding and you were able to attend and be part of the celebration.
Merry Christmas !! Keep up the great work, good health and blessings in the new year.

kykeon22 12-18-2011 11:01 AM

Hi Pam,

So many good news. A very merry christmas indeed. I also was wondering about you, since it has been a month since your last post. So happy to know that you are doing well.
I'm sure they will fix your foot.

kykeon

caya 12-18-2011 01:23 PM

Great news on the scan reports Pam!! Not so great on the foot, hopefully it will mend soon.

all the best
caya

Mary Anne in TX 12-18-2011 01:56 PM

Hooray for the good news, Pam!

Mtngrl 12-18-2011 02:36 PM

Hi Pam,

Thanks for checking in. I'm so happy your leg is healing and your cancer is retreating. Yay!!! Sorry about the drop foot. Hopefully that will get solved soon.

I'm also glad you enjoyed your son's wedding. What a blessing.

Thank you for letting us know.

Peace,

Becky 12-18-2011 03:34 PM

Dear Pam

I am thankful for your happy news both on your health and your son's wedding.

I think your poor nerves have also been through alot physically and I think the neurologist may be able to help you but time will heal.

Love & Kisses from me.

chrisy 12-18-2011 03:41 PM

Thanks for the joyous update! You've been through so much in the past year(s), time for some good news, I think!

You amaze me how you are able to continue putting one foot (sorry) in front of the other to meet each challenge, never giving up. You inspire me no end!
Chris

Patb 12-18-2011 04:29 PM

YOU deserve all good things in your life and I am so
happy for you and hope the following days find you
healing and surviving and feeling well.
patb

Paula O 12-18-2011 04:49 PM

http://www.buckcash.com/cancerisland...hunt15_350.jpg

3 cheers for you, Pam and all the wonderful progress you are making!!!!!

I recently read a good quote that I can't remember exactly but the jist is that set backs and disappointments are just detours, not dead-end streets. I hope your foot heals up well. Have you been able to get in with a good physical therapist? I know of someone with foot drop after a back injury who made great progress with PT.

Rooting for ya :)

Paula

Jean 12-18-2011 06:03 PM

Pam,
Congratulations on your son's wedding. That is a big day and it sounds like it went perfectly. Glad to hear your news about scans and markers. All good things!!!!
Hope your foot improves.

Best Wishes,
Jean

suzan w 12-18-2011 06:08 PM

That is great news about your results! Way to go!!! Don't know if this will help with your drop foot...I am a retired elem. school teacher, I had many kiddos with challenges to deal with, including a little girl with drop foot syndrome, so I know what you are dealing with. You might check in to how they help kids born with this condition and a local school might be able to lead you into a direction that your dr. hasn't thought of. Just an idea!!!

StephN 12-18-2011 08:16 PM

So very happy to hear some great news from you, Pam.

Something was bound to get a hold of the bad cells and give them the boot! Markers in the 3 digits is remarkable! The results on Abraxane have been good for many.

Since you are not a bed patient, I think the therapists can get your ankle working again. Try to do a lot of ankle circle and such excercises to keep the other foot/ankle strong.

BonnieR 12-18-2011 08:25 PM

SO good to hear your news! Did you decorate the walker for the wedding?
Keep the faith.

JennyB 12-18-2011 08:48 PM

Pam, I'm so so happy for you I like so many others have been hoping all is well for you.
So glad you enjoyed the wedding and here's to a happy happy Christmas and New Year for you and your family.
Jenny xx

michka 12-19-2011 03:32 AM

Dear Pam, thank you for posting this good news. Yes, we love to see cancer retreat But especially for you Pam because you had enough. I am so happy you could enjoy your son's wedding.What's more important in life? Now I hope you can fix this foot problem and get rid of the walker. Hugs. Michka

chekmark 12-19-2011 05:34 AM

So excited Pam. It seems like so long since you have been able to share good news. Too bad about the foot but the other news is so great. Brought tears to my eyes reading it. Stay strong cuz grandchildren are next and cant wait to hear about them. Darlene

pibikay 12-19-2011 06:40 AM

Pam I think and Hema too that mostly it is a GOOD report.

PinkGirl 12-19-2011 07:59 AM

PamGirl ... thanks for sharing the great news. I am so happy for you.
I was also wondering if you decorated your walker :)