HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   San Antonio BC Symposium - 1 spot open to a member (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=51931)

StephN 10-26-2011 10:06 PM

San Antonio BC Symposium - 1 spot open to a member

Hello everyone -

There is an opening for a member here who would like to join a group at the San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium from December 5 - 10.

Anyone who would like to know more may contact me by sending a Private Message.

Your expenses will be paid, and airfare will be reimbursed.

It is a great chance to meet some members in person and help promote this on line support group to people who treat and research breast cancer from all over the world.

JennyB 10-26-2011 10:08 PM

Re: San Antonio BC Symposium - 1 spot open to a member

Steph

I'd love to come would Australia be too far a stretch for reimbursement??!??

Jenny

Mel3 10-26-2011 10:36 PM

I may be interested. I tried sending you a private message but it would not accept it at the time.

Pray 10-26-2011 10:55 PM

Hi Steph,

I have a feeling you received a great many responses for this sympos. I also am interested, I have a feeling though it is already taken. Thank you so much for posting though.

Your Friend,

Nancy (I live in Michigan)

StephN 10-26-2011 11:03 PM

Sorry ladies,
I was in making some room in my PM box!

Try to resend if you can.

Gosh, Jenny I do think the group's funds are not quite flush enough to pay international airfare. Only a portion equal to a domestic flight.

JennyB 10-27-2011 01:02 AM

Steph it was a very tongue in cheek post!!

Mandamoo 10-27-2011 04:32 AM

Ah Jenny - it's that Australian sense of humour! ;-) I will go vicariously through my onc who I am pretty sure is attending. Look forward to hearing lots of good news and advances from the symposium.

StephN 10-27-2011 10:09 AM

Thanks to everyone for the quick response .
The spot will be soon filled as things firm up now.

Jenny - if you were serious we could have helped with the fare!

Anyone who would like to be on the list for next year - we have 3 or 4 spots that will be open, so will keep you in mind when the time comes. The symposium is ALWAYS in San Antonio early in December, so you can pencil it in for 2012.

ElaineM 10-27-2011 10:46 AM

Hi Steph,
This is the third time I am trying to respond, but my computer keeps doing strange things. It has a mind of its own sometimes.
I don't think I can attend this year. Please put me down as a possibility for 2012. I have always wanted to attend, but never had the opportunity.
I don't know if the board will want to help with plane fare between Hawaii and San Antonio, but it can't be any worse than the fare between say, New York and San Francisco.
Will there be podcasts for us to attend from wherever we are? That would be a great alternative for those who cannot attend in person.