HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   my beautiful wife update (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=49722)

William B 04-24-2011 10:12 PM

my beautiful wife update

Hello Everyone
You are a very special group of people. Over the past year and three months
my wife and I were inspired by you. We read your post daily and prayed with
you and for you all. On April 24th 2011 my wife Carol lost her battle with breast
cancer. I will continue to read and pray for you all. I don't know if I made
all the right decisions,I have replayed the last 24 hours in my mind a again
and again and I still don't know
THANK YOU FOR YOUR PRAYERS YOUR ENCOURAGING WORDS AND YOUR WONDERFUL STORIES OF SURVIVAL.
MIKE F YOU AND BARB KEEP FIGHTING YOU ALL ARE IN MY THOUGHTS AND MY PRAYERS
AGAIN THANK YOU

radiant 04-24-2011 10:46 PM

Re: my beautiful wife update

William:

I can't believe this. I have not followed this thread, but am SO sad to hear anyone would be taken this quickly. I can't imagine the shock you must be in.

I'm glad you felt safe enough to let us know what your truth is at this moment. There are other loving husband's that will surely also respond to this thread.

We are here for you.

Hugs,
Kim

hutchibk 04-24-2011 11:55 PM

Oh, William, how absolutely heartbreaking. I am glad you and Carol found this site as a source of inspiration and comfort, but my heart is just shattered for you. Please don't second guess yourself, there are so many decisions when it comes to cancer, and sometimes none of them are the right ones.

Please know you are in our hearts and in our prayers. If we can help you cope with the pain of the last year and a half of Carol's fight, please let us know. We're here for you.

Love, Brenda

Trish 04-24-2011 11:58 PM

Oh William, I am so sorry to hear about your wife Carol-it certainly can be a swift and unpredictable disease. It seems Carol was very lucky to have you through this ordeal and I'm sure you did everything in your power for her. Sometimes the disease can't be gainsaid despite our best efforts and the best medicine available. Thank you for thinking of us at this time. My very best wishes
Trish

Jackie07 04-25-2011 04:14 AM

We are so sorry for your loss.

Hopeful 04-25-2011 06:21 AM

William,

I am so sorry for your loss. The title of your threads speaks volumes about how dear Carol was to you. You and your family are in my thoughts.

Hopeful

Mary L 04-25-2011 06:43 AM

I am so sad for you and your family. You are in my prayers. Mary L

KDR 04-25-2011 06:55 AM

William
I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your dear wife, Carol. We will forge on in her memory. May you find peace in the coming days.
Love
Karen

ammebarb 04-25-2011 07:16 AM

Oh William, I am so sorry for your loss. Please know that you did all that you could do, and that Carol knew that. I pray for some solace for you as you cope with aftermath. You are in my prayers.

Barb A.

Barbara2 04-25-2011 08:17 AM

William, I am so so sorry. Want you to know that cyber hugs are being sent to you and all who loved your wife, Carol. Words cannot describe what you are feeling at this time, I know. Praying for you all...

SoCalGal 04-25-2011 08:47 AM

A harsh reminder that this is an incurable and unpredictable disease - no matter what decisions we try to make - it is ultimately out of "our" hands. I am so very sorry for your loss and I hope the memory of your love becomes a source of comfort for you as you catch your breath and face the days ahead. Sending prayers.

adelay 04-25-2011 08:55 AM

I'm so sorry to read this today, may God Bless you and your family in this difficult time, lots of prayers heading your way.

sarah 04-25-2011 09:03 AM

Dearest William,
My deepest sympathies. Your wife was taken so quickly. this is a horrible and difficult disease. You both made good decisions, do not second guess those choices.
I hope you are surrounded by caring family and friends to help you through this very sad time.
I am so sorry.
a big hug and love
sarah

bejuce 04-25-2011 12:44 PM

So sorry for your indescribable loss. May you have strength and love surrounding you. Our prayers and thoughts are with you.

Lien 04-25-2011 02:56 PM

Dear William,

I am so sorry your lovely Carol passed away, and so soon after diagnosis.
Please know that you made all the right decisions. We cannot look into the future, so we have to make do with what we know at a certain point in time. You decided what seemed best to you given the information you had. There is no more a human being can do.

Every day I make decisions for my children. Do I let them ride their bikes? Do I let them play outside when it's getting dark? Do I let them go to the movies with friends? To the pool? To the beach?

They have to learn to live their own lives, and I have to make the best choices I can. But one day, Heaven forbid, one of them may have an accident. And I will have allowed them to do something that got them to the place where it happened. Will the accident be my fault? No. I will have tried to do what was best for them, given the information I had.

I can tell from your words that you loved your wife very much. There is no way you could have saved her. This disease sometimes is unstoppable. But you have loved her. And that was probably the most important thing you could do for her. Nobody else could. Only you. And you did it.

Hugs

Jacqueline

tricia keegan 04-25-2011 03:13 PM

Dear William,

My heart too breaks for you, we can only make what decisions we feel are right and go forward, but there is no "Right" decision with this disease and no textbook to say how it should be done correctly.
I'm so very sorry you lost your wife so soon, life can be very unfair and this is one of those instance's, my sympathy and prayers are with you and I really am so sorry. ((((hugs))))

krisvell 04-25-2011 03:27 PM

Dear William;
I am so very sorry to hear of the passing of Carol so soon. You, Carol and family are in my prayers.
Please don't second quess your decisions. You made the right decisions with your Drs.

Love and Hugs,
Kris....

Sandra in GA 04-25-2011 06:03 PM

Dear William,
Please accept my deepest sympathies for your loss. I am so very sorry that Carol is gone. It doesn't seem fair. I am sure you made every decision with her best interest at heart. Please do not blame yourself. As the others said, "you made the best decision you could at the time." Remember the good times and the love the two of you shared.
Sincerely,
Sandra

Elizabethtx 04-25-2011 06:24 PM

I understand the pain you must feel at this time. What a swift and sudden loss you are enduring. May you be granted peace and the knowledge that you did all that you could for your wife. I am sure you were a source of strength and comfort during her days. My prayers for your family...
Elizabeth

Mary Jo 04-26-2011 04:05 AM

Dear William,

I was so sorry to read of the loss of your wife, Carol. How sad you must be right now. Please know that there are never any right or wrongs in this cancer journey. Everyone is different and everyone responds differently to the treatments.

I'm very sorry and please know you did all you could.

Love,

Mary Jo