HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   New to Forum (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48546)

Dianedack 01-26-2011 08:35 PM

New to Forum

Hi This is my first post so I am not sure I am doing things right! Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I have been reading the posts and finding your threads very informative so I hope to participate with you all.

Jean 01-26-2011 09:01 PM

Re: New to Forum

Hi Diane from down under!
Welcome - this is a wonderful board of very fine ladies who are extremely wise and supportive.

Wishing you well.
Jean

Catherine 01-26-2011 09:58 PM

Hi Diane,

Hello from the state of Oregon. Glad you logged on. You may also want to check out the Newcomers thread also on our site. I personally am not very familiar with the Newcomers Thread Page. Maybe someone else will chime in. Wishing you well.

Catherine

Chelee 01-26-2011 11:15 PM

Hi Diane,
Welcome to the board...there is a great group of ppl here to help you in any way possible? There is no better place to be if you're dealing with Her2 bc. There is always someone to answer your questions, concerns and give you support when needed.

Chelee

Mary Jo 01-27-2011 04:59 AM

Welcome Diane,

You will find this site very welcoming and very encouraging! I am sorry you are a new breast cancer diagnosis......but......finding this site was a step in the positive direction!

God's Peace to you,

Mary Jo

Sheila 01-27-2011 06:12 AM

Welcome Diane to the group of the most informed breast cancer patients you will ever find. We are all here to support each other and answer questions, so feel free to ask about anything that you are unsure of...someone here has been there I'm sure.

We share milestones and setbacks, happiness and struggles...all with an unconditional bond that brings us together.

BonnieR 01-27-2011 11:02 AM

Hi, Diane. You might want to list your stats in your signature. It will help us know better what your circumstances are. You can do that by clicking on User CP at the top of the page and then "edit signature". And posting on the Newcomer forum could be helpful too.
Keep the faith.

krisvell 01-27-2011 12:42 PM

Welcome Diane,
This is a wonderful site of knowledgeable, caring and loving woman and some men. Log on often; share and read. You will learn a lot and feel very welcomed.
Kris...

Mary L 01-27-2011 12:56 PM

Hi Diane. So glad you found this wonderful site. It is so nice to have a place where you can ask questions and get answers from people who have been through the same thing you are going through. Welcome!!!!! Mary L

Sandra in GA 01-27-2011 01:43 PM

Hi Diane,
So glad you decided to post. Welcome to this site. There are many bright, educated, and pro-active participants who are more than willing to help you with questions and information.
Sandra

Jackie07 01-28-2011 05:15 AM

Welcome, Diane.

There are at least two other regular members who are also from 'down under'. I hope they will post on this thread and meet you soon.

Dianedack 01-28-2011 09:56 AM

Thank you ladies. Lovely to have such a great and positive response I have edited my signature now as suggested. I hope I have done it correctly. I will also try to put a posting on the newcomers forum. Looking forward to being able to make more postings soon.

AlaskaAngel 01-28-2011 10:31 AM

Hi Dianedack, and welcome!

If you are up early on Sunday morning, there will be a discussion offered about one diet available in particular for breast cancer patients to help limit weight gain and try to focus on a balance of foods that may be more helpful for dealing with breast cancer.

The "chat" function at HER2support is not available for this particular chat, so feel free to contact me by e-mail for directions at akktncomment@gmail.com . It has been scheduled timewise to happen at a time to encourage those down under to participate as well as those in Europe and across Canada, South America, and the USA.

This is the first discussion online that has been set up in quite a while and we may have a few bumps to work out, but we are hoping there will be others if people enjoy this one.

AlaskaAngel

tricia keegan 01-28-2011 05:06 PM

A big welcome from me too Diane!!!:)

AlaskaAngel 01-28-2011 05:35 PM

Time zones - Sunday for Australians, but Saturday for USA, Europe

Be sure and coordinate for your time zone -- Chat is scheduled for 2 PM USA Eastern Standard Time on Saturday, which is Sunday morning in Australia (but is sometime on Saturday for most members here.)

A.A.

schoolteacher 01-31-2011 07:16 AM

Welcome to the board Diane.

Amelia

KDR 01-31-2011 12:43 PM

Hi, Diane
Welcome to our list. It appears that you have much experience that you can share. Wishing you health and peace,

Bill 01-31-2011 07:05 PM

Welcome, Diane! Feel free to share and ask whatever you wish. Sorry you have to be here, but this is a great group to come to for support, and answers, and whenever you just feel like hanging out among friends. Again, welcome.

Trish 01-31-2011 07:50 PM

Hi Diane
Glad you joined. I'm from Australia too, but as you can see I'm from Melbourne-only 2000km away! It was great to read in your signature that your disease was stable for so long but I'm sorry it has been on the move more recently. I'm glad there is someone else to discuss the vagaries of drug access through the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme. I don't know about you, but I am frustrated by the constraints of the funding system. The standard of proof required seems to be so high (and sometimes inappropriate) that there are significant delays before drugs become available. Hope you are traveling well at present.
Trish

suzan w 02-01-2011 03:27 PM

Welcome Diane! Nice to "meet" you!! xo Suzan