HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Jackie Handley is an angel (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=47805)

chrislmelb 12-02-2010 03:08 PM

Jackie Handley is an angel

I am feel very sad to tell you that Jackie died around 19th November. I have just found the details on the internet so have no precise information. Here are a couple of notices i have found:

HANDLEY Jackie

The kayaking community of Ivanhoe Grammar School mourns the loss of Dr Jackie Handley, a gifted teacher, academic, kayak coach, skier and cadet officer.

Jackie was an amazing example to us all in the way she lived her life to the full. She always made time to chat, listen and assist students. We pass on our deepest sympathy to Jackies daughter, Annie and to other family members.

Our lives are so much richer for having known her.

Ivanhoe Grammar
School Kayak Parent
Support Group

We also just received the sad news of the passing of Jackie Handley a former
member of staff at Monivae in more recent times. Jackie was a most passionate
teacher in the Maths and Sciences and had been heavily involved with the
cadet program assisting in formalising much of the work done here at the College.
Jackie had bravely battled cancer for several years and our thoughts and
prayers are very much with Jackie’s family particularly her daughter, Annie, at
this difficult time.

Thanks ladies. Now i will go and start my day with a heavy heart.

R.I.P. Jackie

Jackie07 12-02-2010 03:21 PM

Re: Jackie Handley is an angel

Thank you so much, Christine. I'm so sorry to hear this sad news. Used to love signing 'Jackie' after addressing her name. Another angel went to Heaven. We will miss her.

Laurel 12-02-2010 05:43 PM

Oh my goodness! I just didn't expect this. How naive of me, I suppose. I am so saddened by this news. Jackie was a wonderful contributor to this family. I will miss her.

chrisy 12-02-2010 06:49 PM

I love Jackie and I will miss her so much.

Hate cancer.

Bill 12-02-2010 07:46 PM

She will be missed. May her family find Peace. I'll be thinking of her next time I go paddling. I expect she'll be out there, too, in her own way. Thanks for letting us know, Christine.

ammebarb 12-02-2010 08:57 PM

Oh drat! I'm so sorry to read this sad news. Jackie will be missed. Thoughts and prayers are with her family.

Barb A.

caya 12-02-2010 09:08 PM

So sorry to hear about Jackie. My thoughts and condolences to her family.

all the best
caya

Catherine 12-02-2010 10:31 PM

This is very sad news. My condolences to her family. I always loved her picture in her orange Vikings shirt. Wow, she had a lot going on these last few months. And now she is gone....very, very sad.

Catherine

StephN 12-02-2010 10:45 PM

Really sad to find this post. She had done so well against her mets up till her brain mets. They must have been in some b-a-a-d spots for her not to survive them.

It IS a shock since most of us have done well against our brain mets for a while now. We just don't remember how devestating they used to be for the majority.

Just sick for her daughter who is left to make it in this big old world without her devoted mother.

Trish 12-03-2010 12:04 AM

Thank you for letting us know the sad news Christine. She was certainly a lively presence on line and I imagine she was an inspiring person to know.
Trish

chrislmelb 12-03-2010 02:10 AM

Leaving her daughter, Annie, would have been the hardest thing for Jackie. She was obviously a pragmatic woman and set herself up in Hamilton(country Victoria) where her sister lived. Annie got into a good private Catholic school up there so Jackie left knowing she is getting a good education and that her sister is around to care for Annie.
So sad.

In regards to StephN comment that her brain mets were bad, i worry that we here in Australia do not have ready access to cyder/gamma knife like you USA women seem to. Jackie would have know all these things and still had WBR.

Chelee 12-03-2010 04:14 AM

Christine,
Thank you so much for letting us know. I have been so concerned about her after the last few times she stopped in here. This is so sad to lose yet another Her2 sister. My heart goes out to her family and especially her daughter. After Christine posted I did some searching and found a link to her "Obit" which will also take you to her quest book for anyone that might like to sign it.

http://tributes.heraldsun.com.au/obituaries/heraldsun-au/obituary.aspx?page=lifestory&pid=146687350

My condolences go out to her family at such a difficult time. Another Her2 angel taken far too soon. I will miss you so much Jackie...and I'll never forget you.

Chelee

Mary Anne in TX 12-03-2010 07:14 AM

So very sad to hear about Jackie. I loved her posts on the site and will miss her. Blessings to her daughter and other family members. ma

Emelie B 12-03-2010 08:43 AM

I feel so very sad about her passing. She was such a vibrant and caring person. I will miss her posts and support so much.
My sincerest regards to her family.
Rest easy Jackie,
Emele

Ellie F 12-03-2010 11:05 AM

So very sad to hear this news. My thoughts are with her daughter and her family during this difficult time. This blow feels especially devastating as Jackie had battled mets and done so well on herceptin.
How I hate this disease! The race for the cure is not fast enough!
This ancient disease remains a modern day curse.

Ellie

DiDi70 12-03-2010 03:14 PM

I am so sad to hear of Jackie's passing. She shared her wisdom and her sense of humour with us and she will be greatly missed.

Ceesun 12-03-2010 04:06 PM

Terrible news. Very sad. My sympathies to her family. Ceesun

tricia keegan 12-03-2010 04:33 PM

Such sad news, there are no words:(

My sympathies to Jackie's family xx

Laurel 12-03-2010 07:14 PM

Thank you, Chelee, for posting the link to Jackie's guest book. This is just such a hard blow.

Lori R 12-04-2010 08:18 AM

I am heartsick to finally spot the news of Jackie's passing. I was certain that she could beat back the recurrance, as she had previously done so well.

I pray that her daughter Annie always remembers how much her mother loved her and strength for Jackie's sister.

Soooo frustrating to have the cancer sneak in and steal Jackie from us!!