HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Good news for a change (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=44190)

rinaina 03-13-2010 10:00 AM

Good news for a change

There has been so much heartache and sadness lately with the loss of many of our sister warriors so I thought I would share some good news for a change. I have become a grandma, (being called Nana), for the first time. My daughter had a beautiful and healthy baby girl March 4 named Sloane Rose. Being a grandma is everything and more then what I have heard. I am in love all over again and she is absolutely scrumtious. I will try to figure out how to upload a picture soon of the little darling.
Also I am celebrating my 4 year cancerversary tonight with my husband and dear friends. How's that for some good news? I have to say, having this grandchild was just what I needed to get out of this funk over the recent and past losses. I pray our children and grandchildred never have to go through this and that a true cure is on the near horizon. I am so blessed!

vlcarr 03-13-2010 11:01 AM

Re: Good news for a change

Congrats Rina. You have much to be thankful for. So happy for you.

Bill 03-13-2010 11:49 AM

Congratulations, Rina!

Jean 03-13-2010 12:54 PM

Rinaina,
A new life - added to your family how special!
I can only imagine your joy. A beautiful name for a beautiful grandchild. So true you are blessed - to celebrate 4yrs and the birth of your first grandchild.

Wishing you Continued Blessings.
Hugs,
Jean

caya 03-13-2010 02:42 PM

Mazel Tov Rina on the birth of Sloane Rose - a beautiful name for a beautiful girl.

And also big congrats on your 4 year cancerversary!

Thanks for sharing - B.H.

all the best
caya

Lori R 03-13-2010 03:33 PM

That is fantastic news!! It sounds like a world class grandmother is in the making. Enjoy spoiling her and loving every moment with your expanding family.

Thank you for posting such good news.

tricia keegan 03-13-2010 03:37 PM

Congratulations Rina!! I became a Grand mother for the first time last summer and know the happiness it brings. Enjoy that little baby:)

Ceesun 03-13-2010 04:27 PM

Congrats to Rina, yep, I am a first time grandma to one, too! This is a club we want to join....happy for you! Ceesun

flynny 03-13-2010 09:08 PM

What wonderful news!! Congrats

rinaina 03-14-2010 07:46 AM

Thank you everyone for your good wishes. This is a fabulous time of life and it answers the question, "Why did I have children?" Of course, so that I could someday have grandchildren! Pure joy.