HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Improvement in MUGA via Drugs!!! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=44140)

Sheila 03-10-2010 07:43 AM

Improvement in MUGA via Drugs!!!

Just a quick update to let you know that after 30 days of the drug Coreg, a beta blocker, along with doubling the Lisinopril for the B/P, my muga has gone from 46 to 55.
I saw the Cardiologist Monday, he was quite pleased, so now the Coreg is doubled. I did not take CoQ10 with the Coreg.....it stated right on the label, not to take the CoQ10 while on Coreg.....
Just an FYI if anyone else is dealing with a low muga...the shortness of breath is improving also.

My Mom started her chemo, Sorafenib...aka Nexavar, so far so good as far as side effects. She is getting some ascites in the abdomen already, which is not a good sign.
Thank you for all the prayers and thoughts, they mean the world to me.

PinkGirl 03-10-2010 08:37 AM

Re: Improvement in MUGA via Drugs!!!

Great news about your muga ... yeah!!! for drugs.

What are ascites ???

All the best to you SheilaGirl and your mom and dad and
little Jasmine.

Becky 03-10-2010 08:42 AM

I am so happy you are improving. My thoughts and prayers continue to be with you and your family every night.

Hugging you hard from afar...

Gerri 03-10-2010 10:10 AM

So happy to see you are on the upswing Shelia! I'll be looking for more good news about you and yours.

Take good care of yourself. We are all pulling for you!

michka 03-10-2010 10:29 AM

Hi Sheila. You are always in my thoughts. I am happy about the Muga. I hope it will continue to improve. I also hope you will have better news about your family. A Mom is a Mom. Whatever the age.
And how about you? When will they check how you are doing on the new treatment? Michka

WolverineFan 03-10-2010 11:47 AM

Sheila,

GREAT news on your MUGA!!! You and your family continue to be in my prayers. Thank you for updating us on both you and your mom.

Jean 03-10-2010 12:56 PM

Sheila,
Very happy to read your post about your muga and the drug has given you the boost. Good to know about this drug - another bow in the quiver!

Also think of you and keep you in my prayers. Also
good to hear your Mom is doing well also - I am sure the dr. can give your Mom something to settle the stomach?

Take Care and know you are loved.
Hugs,
jean

Ellie F 03-10-2010 01:10 PM

Glad to hear from you Sheila and really glad things are improving. You are in my thoughts each day.
Ellie

Sandra in GA 03-10-2010 02:40 PM

So happy about your good news. You can't keep a good woman down!
Sandra

Barbara H. 03-10-2010 03:26 PM

Thank you for posting, Sheila.
I'm so pleased that your muga score has improved. You remain in my thoughts daily.
Barbara H.

Yorkiegirl 03-10-2010 05:17 PM

I'm so glad to hear that your Muga score has improved so much.

Also glad to hear that teh side effects for your mom seem to be ok, sorry about the ascites. Do you think the ascites is a side effect??

Pink Girl you asked what is ascites? It is fluid build up, which can be uncomfortable and painful at times.

PinkGirl 03-10-2010 05:35 PM

Thanks Yorkie ... hadn't heard that word before.

krisvell 03-10-2010 05:48 PM

Sheila, I am so happy for you and send positive thoughts and support your way for continued improvement. I wish you Mom well with her treatment.

Kris....

caya 03-10-2010 08:47 PM

Thanks for sharing your good news Sheila - you are one warrior woman!!

Hope your mom does well.

all the best
caya

ElaineM 03-10-2010 09:01 PM

I am happy to hear your good news about yourself and your Mom. Thanks. Good news is always welcome here.

Pam P 03-11-2010 05:29 AM

Thanks for your update. You and your family continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

ammebarb 03-11-2010 08:26 AM

It was so good to find your post, Sheila. Hope your MUGA continues to improve and that your mom weathers her treatment well. I'm sorry about the ascites...I assume her Drs. are keeping good tabs regarding what to do about them. Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Let us know how it goes...

Hugs,
Barb A.

Shobha 03-11-2010 10:00 AM

So happy to know there is another weapon in our arsenal. You are always in my prayers Sheila - your strength to fight and stay positive is so inspirational!

hugs,
shobha

Emelie B 03-13-2010 08:25 AM

YEAH Sheila! You go girl. Please know you are my inspiration for many of the days when I question all of this. Reality is sometimes a hard thing to deal with and you do it with such grace.
Rock on Sheila,
Emelie

karen z 03-13-2010 07:22 PM

Sheila,
I am so happy about your news and the improvement in your scores. Thinking about you and your family a lot.
Best,
karen z