HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Where the heck is Hucklebuck? (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=43816)

Bill 02-18-2010 05:01 PM

Where the heck is Hucklebuck?

Haven't heard from Brenda for awhile. Does anyone know where she is and how she's doing?

chrisy 02-18-2010 05:14 PM

Re: Where the heck is Hucklebuck?

I follow her on Facebook...she was on a fabulous trip around the holidays but is back now...

Bill 02-18-2010 05:33 PM

Oh,...Facebook....I see. A place where I can't go. Thanks, Chris, for bringing that up so quickly. Please tell little Miss Traveller Woman we said hello.

chrisy 02-18-2010 10:13 PM

bill, you know you were invited...

I'm totally facebook challenged but at least I've sort of figured out how to read stuff! I think I even put a picture in for my face, but I'm not sure it's me...

SoCalGal 02-19-2010 12:59 AM

don't feel bad, bill. i will be your pretend facebook friend.
BTW brenda didn't "friend me", but I was still wondering about her myself.

juanita 02-19-2010 10:47 AM

facebook is easy, even for a computer iliterate like me. crisy i saw your pic but didn't recognize you to add you till i saw your pic on here. if you'd like to find me it's juanita steiner sample

alicem 02-19-2010 11:24 AM

She was also busy working in Florida for the Super Bowl halftime show. She is doing fabulous though!

Becky 02-19-2010 11:47 AM

Thanks good news because I had lunch with Jean on Monday and we commented about our dear Brenda being absent on the board and were concerned.

tricia keegan 02-19-2010 04:55 PM

Bill, I also am on FB and computer challenged but it really is easy and a great way to keep in touch.:)

chrisy 02-20-2010 03:13 PM

Brenda has been traveling a ton and said she needed to "prioritize her online-i-ness". I did see that she had posted some news about her markers dropping, which was good news.

Maybe we should do like when Bill went walkabout...we can start making stuff up.

Of course, it is Brenda we're talking about, so it's unlikely we can come up with stories wilder than what she is actually doing!

PinkGirl 02-20-2010 04:12 PM

Hey Flori ... I "friended" you a few days ago ... did you delete me???

Chrisy ... I read somewhere that Hucklebuck is the chief hairdresser at
the Vancouver Olympics ... I think I saw her on TV ... at the luge track ...
she was working on the guys after they took off their helmets .... no one
wants helmet-hair.

Laurel 02-20-2010 05:23 PM

Yes, Pink Girl, Brenda was the brunette with the brilliant pink stripe in her hair all cozied up with the Swedish ski team in that hot tub over on Cypress Mountain. She looked great (and really, really happy, but I digress). She had the most healthy, rosy glow to her cheeks, and was sporting a grin from ear to ear! Confidentially, and please do not spread this around, but those Swedes looked darn healthy and happy (really happy), too!

I heard she was doing karaoki in the Olympic village at Whistler last night.....

StephN 02-20-2010 06:19 PM

ACTUALLY - I know the truth here.

Hubby and I spent the day in Vancouver yesterday and we bumped into her in Yaletown after we came back from the Waterfront to see the torch, where it was rumored a rabid American had been trying to sneak through the fence for a closer look. Yaletown had a band on every block and SOMEBODY has to keep the sound guys minds on their boards (instead of the young hotties slinking around the town).

Yes, I am sure it was Brenda I saw with the American flags painted on her cheeks wearing the red, white and blue curly wig.

Our ears were still ringing from the hockey game, but we took in some of the tunes on our way to the car.

Ellie F 02-21-2010 07:23 AM

Was also worried about her. Am soo glad she is doing soo well!
Ellie

Laurel 02-21-2010 08:19 AM

Steph,

Did the "rabid American" trying to sneak through the fence have a brilliant hot-pink streak in her hair?

chrisy 02-21-2010 01:59 PM

Wait a minute! She has been talking about "massage day"...now it all makes sense, swedish ski team in the hot tub and all...

Laurel did you say she was also running the karaoke? I knew she was into the music scene but I didn't know she liked to be behind the microphone, too!

Hmmm....I haven't heard about any unsolved murders under the ski jump...but Lee might have to move this thread, it's starting to sound familiar.

schoolteacher 02-22-2010 03:42 PM

Brenda,

Sounds like you have been having some exciting adventures.

Amelia

Soccermom 02-22-2010 09:28 PM

Brenda,you GO girl!
Marcia

karen z 02-22-2010 09:52 PM

Wow Brenda,
I do not know what to think but it all sounds good.

StephN 02-23-2010 02:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, Laurel -

I think the person with the wild pink in her hair was the US moguls skier Bahnke. But the rumor at the Olympic torch was that the person was wearing one of those red, white & blue wigs, so hard to know what was underneath.

Those wigs were being worn at various venues, and I thought the person in this shot may be Brenda taking a break from the Swedish skiers and turning fan for the Czech hockey team. Who knows with that face paint ...???