HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   We Also Did Some Work (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=42865)

Joe 12-15-2009 08:48 PM

We Also Did Some Work

1 Attachment(s)
Left to right:

Maggie (Midwest Alice's Charming Daughter), Karen Z.,Veronica, Midwest Alice, Dr. Walter Carney (Developed Serum HER2 Test), Chrisy, Christine, Catalina

karen z 12-15-2009 09:05 PM

Re: We Also Did Some Work

Yes we did! I don't even want to think about how much coffee I drank to keep going!
karen z

Chelee 12-15-2009 10:13 PM

Joe, great photo of everyone...but I think you left someone out didn't you? (Shame on you Joe...poor little Belle sitting up there so pretty and you didn't even include her.) I'm calling animal control to report how mistreated she is. lol

That is so funny how she is standing up there like that. Looks like she didn't want to be left out of the picture. HA! How darned adorable is she.

Chelee

StephN 12-15-2009 11:38 PM

Hi -
I think Belle is holding my spot, since I was holding some of the shopping bags at the moment of that photo!
Dr. Carney is such a nice man. He came to our booth and spoke to us all again.

P.S. I did not buy anything.

Joe 12-15-2009 11:41 PM

Damn dog, follows me everywhere, she has no pride..always begging.

Regards
Joe

Midwest Alice 12-16-2009 04:25 AM

Karen me too... I am going through coffee withdraws. It did keep us going.

Dr. Carney is remarkable. We are blessed to have him researching in the field breast cancer.

Midwest Alice 12-16-2009 04:53 AM

Does that dog now have a rabbitdeer friend?

schoolteacher 12-16-2009 06:07 AM

The picture is wonderful. Thank you for all the work all of you have done to bring us the current research. I hope each one of you receive blessings. It 's nice to see the face of the man, Dr. Carney, who invented the HER2 serum test.

Amelia

Becky 12-16-2009 06:18 AM

My legs are still sore but I learned alot which is usual when you go to show.

Sheila 12-16-2009 06:41 AM

2 Attachment(s)
The people you meet and talk to are from all aspects of breast Cancer, Dr's, scientific researchers, patients, advocates, and even friends!

StephN 12-16-2009 11:19 AM

Thanks Sheila -
Those shots are mostly at the opening of the exhibit hours and we are cued up and ready to pass our message to all comers.

By the way - our booth had the BEST GIVEAWAYS. We even had little bottles of hand sanitizer with a front label saying HER2support.org. And we had a nice color of pink eyeglass cleaner cloths also with the logo and web site. People snapped them up!

caya 12-16-2009 11:47 AM

You gals look great!
Thanks again Joe and Christine for all the work you do...

all the best
caya

Joe 12-16-2009 12:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Alice,

It is not a rabbit deer, the correct name is Jackalope. Stephanie always admonishes me for calling Tiptoe a rat when she is in fact a Chinese Hamster.

Regards,
Joe

hutchibk 12-16-2009 05:25 PM

Everyone looks awesome and I am still a little surprised that the conference didn't shut down when they learned I couldn't be there...

We always have the best giveaways. Her2support are the most popular kids at the party.

So the hamster and the tiger made it?

karen z 12-16-2009 06:47 PM

Tiptoe and Tex not only made it but they got to experience several "makeovers", courtesy of Maggie. And Stephanie made sure that they left with wonderful treasures from our San Antonio experience- including a MACY'S coupon!
Karen

hutchibk 12-17-2009 01:13 PM

Fantastic! this is the first time when they have visited Texas that I didn't get to host them... I hope little Tex misses his momma just a little bit. I miss him!

karen z 12-17-2009 05:22 PM

Hutchibk,
I am sure that Tex missed you a great deal but I want to assure you that Tiptoe and Tex were in good hands. Hopefully, the new body piercings, clothes, jewelry, and "updates" of their looks provided some comfort to them both. They seemed happy and content and ready to begin their new journey.
Karen

Joe 12-17-2009 06:37 PM

Brenda,
I hope you weren't offended when Alice called the Jackalope a rabbit deer.

Damn easterners jut don't know.

Joe

Laurel 12-17-2009 07:57 PM

Hey, hey, hey! Watch it there, Joey-boy. This easterner, Yankee if you please, knows a jack-a-lope when she sees one! Dad burned, high-browed cowboys.....! Don't sit on your spurs....!

Thanks to all for working so hard in San Antonio! You all look fabulous despite the long hours!

StephN 12-18-2009 12:37 AM

HEY!
When did that little doggie get into the second pic of Sheila's post? I think Joe must be fooling around with this web site in the wee hours ...
Work, ha!

Laurel - yes, they were long hours. We closed the booth at 5:30, hot-footed it over to see any posters of interest before going into the Mentor Session until 7:30. And then went to an evening session, or to the GSK reception, as the case may be. Some brave souls even began with a 6:15 breakfast meeting one day ...

By the way, there was food at every stop along the way. You learn to pick and choose.