HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Her2 "SISTERS" (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=41683)

DonnaD 11-01-2009 08:32 PM

Smiling Her 2 "sisters"

1 Attachment(s)
Sheila and I attended Survivor's Day at Rush University Medical Center in Chicago where we are treated. It was a wonderful day. We enjoyed a nice lunch, entertainment and time to celebrate life with our families, doctors, nurses and friends.

This site brought us together. I will be enternally greatful for the friendship we share.

Thanks Joe and Christine!!
Donna

Chelee 11-01-2009 10:02 PM

Re: Her2 "SISTERS"

Hi Donna, I'm sitting here laughing too. You two really are Her2 sisters and you both think alike! The only major difference is you cropped the photo and it's more of a close up. lol You two must of had a ball. (Is Shelia the only one that managed to get a Herceptin blanket...where's yours?) If you didn't get one you could cut hers in half and share it. :) (I'm just saying!)

Chelee

DonnaD 11-01-2009 10:10 PM

Smiling Her2 "Sisters"

Nope, her 2 sis will not have to share her blankey. I got one also! Nice but not as good as those darn cookies.

I have not been posting much lately but I have been lurking. I do keep up with you and keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Do you have a date for surgery?

Donna

tricia keegan 11-02-2009 10:51 AM

You both look great and so glad you enjoyed the day!

Btw, whats a herceptin blanket???

Cal-Gal 11-02-2009 11:46 AM

Yes--concur w/Tricia--what is a HER2 Blanket??

Cal-Gal 11-02-2009 01:04 PM

Fabulous and beautiful picture!!!!!!!!!!

tricia keegan 11-02-2009 01:17 PM

Cal -Gal,

Glad I'm not the only one who did'nt know this, I felt it was a bit of a silly question lol...

Ruth 11-02-2009 01:19 PM

What a cute pic! Chelee is right ya'll look alike and look so happy!
I got a Her2 blanket mailed to me when I did a survey with Genentech but I don't know if this is the one she is talking about. I know some pharm reps were giving them out too.
Hugs ~ Ruth

Chelee 11-02-2009 01:25 PM

When Donna & Shelia went to their Survivor's day they were given gifts...one of them happened to be a pink "Herceptin Blanket". I had read Shelia's post first and I thought only Shelia got one. Later I found Donna's post & I find out they both got one. So I'm sure Genentech supplied these to hand out. So I was teasing Donna...I thought only Shelia got one...had that been the case I was just making a suggestion that they could cut Shelia's in half and share it. (I'm always trying to help.) :)

Chelee

vlcarr 11-02-2009 01:45 PM

Great picture of 2 beautiful and inspiring ladies!

Cal-Gal 11-02-2009 02:50 PM

Tricia-
Not a silly question!!!

--I now want one!!! infact we should all have them-if we want them---

Mary Anne in TX 11-02-2009 03:57 PM

I love that you two got to do this together! too cute for words!

tricia keegan 11-02-2009 04:08 PM

Hmmm, I think everyone who did herceptin should get one!
Thanks for the explanation Chelee)

Sheila 11-02-2009 04:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Chelee, you are right, it is a fleece blanket...the drug companies supply them,,they had Taxotere Blankets, Emend, Abraxane....but Donna and I got the lovely pink herceptin blankets...they must have known we have probably paid for a factory or 2 to make them!

They are really nice though! Hope you can see it, its still in the wrapper!

chicagoetc 11-02-2009 04:55 PM

Sheila and Donna,

Nice posts from BOTH of you. Looks like you had fun. (You deserve it!) Nice pictures too...

Melanie

PS: Sheila let us know when you hear re the T-DM1 trial...and, if so, whether or not you can get it at Loyola.

StephN 11-02-2009 07:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
That special day is really nice of your cancer center. We don't have anything like that! Wonderful report and pix. What a tag team!

Neat that you got Herceptin blankies. I got one a few years ago from the Genentech rep at my cancer center. Actually got 2 and sent one to another member here.

Here are Tiptoe and Tex on mine. By the way, where ARE they???