HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Marie....... (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=40789)

Patty F 08-18-2009 06:37 PM

Marie.......

Hi Marie.
I was wondering if we could get an update on Ed and yourself.
Also wanted to let you know that you are both in my thoughts and prayers.

Paty 08-18-2009 09:24 PM

Re: Marie.......

Marie and Ed,

You are in my prayers every day...

Paty

Believe51 08-23-2009 11:30 PM

Tuesday is OncoMan to review the results of the brain MRI he finally was able to get. Even if his head is clear, he is so very frail. When he sleeps, I try to spend that time planning the upcoming changes in my life. It is totally overwhelming but I am doing alright with it. I have faith that when that time comes, we both will know it and pray that we can let go.

I have been busy making great changes in my life, trying to prepare for that time. I have spent my lifetime becoming a stronger, better person than I was yesterday and I have no doubts of my strength. But it does not matter how strong we are, 17 years (together) of sheer marital bliss coming to an unwanted end is something not in the plans, you cannot prepare for that. I am afraid that my life will never be the same and that I will never be as loved or happy as I am with him here. All that time together has intertwined us as one and the sudden seperation is unbearable.

I promise you all that I am alright, that my days are full with more laughter than tears. I have been trying to land million dollar donations to Roses foundation, going public shortly and for Her2support. Soon I will be back to work and not part of Rhode Islands 12.9% unemployment rate. Life is slowly coming together.

Need to get some sleep now. Please know that we have not given up but being so frail, we are almost out of options. I will have news if the Ixempra passes his BBB. No one is using this drug alone and for brain mets. Maybe this harsh drug will prove better off for patients who are not as frail as the Lovies that were taking it.

Love to all. I am breathing and laughing. I am trying to make life times changes to help ease me into the unknown. I have done more accepting in the last 2 months than the entire journey and I have always accepted this disease. I still refuse to think I will be a widow at 44, it turns my stomach. I will accept that when the time comes.

Last night he said that he thinks this disease is going to make him fight the fight of his life.......O Dear, I thought that was what the last 3 years were all about.

SEPTEMBER 7th is his 3rd Cancerversary!!
OCTOBER 21st is our 14th Wedding Anniversary
NOVEMBER 27th is his 54th birthday

Please pray that he can experience these milestones and be comfortable doing so. These are his goals despite his body saying something differrent.

Thanks Patty, I appreciate and miss you. Sending love always.>>Marie

Lien 08-24-2009 12:02 AM

Dear Marie,

I am at a loss for words, which doesn't happen to me often. The way you are handling all that you and Ed are going through fills me with awe. I hope the Ixempra will do what you want it to do. Am sending lots of healing energy your way.

Love

Jacqueline

alicem 08-24-2009 01:09 AM

Marie and Ed -

God WILL provide you both with the strength that you need. You are a witness of His love to us all.

Love, Alice

ElaineM 08-24-2009 07:23 AM

Hang in there together Marie and Ed !! I picture you holding each other's hands and walking through life fighting the cancer.

Mary Anne in TX 08-24-2009 10:21 AM

Much love to you both, Miss Marie! No celebration can match the love you have for each other. You're one fine lady! ma

ammebarb 08-24-2009 11:51 AM

Dear Marie, I wish mere words could really express all that I feel for you and Ed. No number of years is enough when you love as deeply and well as you two do. I pray for you regularly and think about you between prayers....

I'm glad you have plans for work....being involved with work when I had my cancer was good for me...it forced me to have my mind on something other than cancer for moments and then hours at a time.

I hope you can feel our love surrounding both of you.

Barb A.

Mary Jo 08-24-2009 12:06 PM

Sending gentle hugs and love to you both.

God's Peace surround you both.....

Mary Jo

schoolteacher 08-24-2009 12:13 PM

Marie,

You and the Mighty Oak are in my thoughts and prayers. Glad to hear from you.

Amelia

Jackie07 08-24-2009 05:52 PM

Marie,

Thanks for sharing your feelings. Please know that both you and Ed are always in our prayers.

Laurel 08-24-2009 06:46 PM

Ah, our lovely Marie, eloquent as always! I cannot say much as my heart is heavy with sadness. Love to you both, Mrs. Mighty Oak.

caya 08-24-2009 07:18 PM

To sweet Marie,

Sending you and Ed loving hugs from the great White North.

all the best
caya

suzan w 08-25-2009 08:10 AM

Hugs and prayers to a most amazing couple who has enhanced my life! Thank you and take a nap!!! XO Suzan

chrisy 08-25-2009 08:51 AM

Dear Marie,
You bless us every day by sharing your innermost feelings. You know that you are deeply in our thoughts and prayers ALL the time - even at, um, 2:30 am (thought we wouldn't notice, eh? you shoulda asked Bill about that).

Keep breathing, my dear

Much love
Chris

Joan M 08-25-2009 10:12 AM

Marie,

My heart goes out to you as Ed struggles with his progression and treatments. You are in my prayers for strength.

Love and hugs,

Joan

belle 08-25-2009 01:56 PM

Dearest Marie,

You and Ed are in my deepest prayers.

Hugs,
belle

hutchibk 08-26-2009 12:50 AM

Thanks Marie - and may God hold and comfort both of you everyday. You and Ed are the epitome of unrelenting strength and courage, and true true love...

michka 08-26-2009 06:21 AM

Marie. I was gone a few days and just read your last beautiful post. What did OncoMan say when he read the MRI? How is Ed? How are you? We care so much for you here. Michka

CindyE 08-26-2009 08:38 PM

I give you both big (((hugs)) and ask our loving Lord to be there with you both in each and every step you take in this earthly journey. Someday we will have all our tears wiped away and what joy there will be for us all on that day.